Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
First, is there anyway to add a PDA Mode tag when posting while in PDA Mode? For example, can vBulletin append something like <<PDA MODE>> at the end of a post? I am on the road quite a bit these days and feel the need to explain my short posts...which is often longer than than the original post itself. With more people using PDA Mode these days, I feel it would be useful if users were able to enable such a tag.:)

Second, is it just me or do others not have a last page option, ">>", when viewing a multi-page thread while in PDA Mode? For example, I see a last page option,
Page 1 of 50 Next> », when looking at the popular " Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!" thread when viewing SatelliteGuys in PDA MODE on a PC running MSIE/Firefox...however, I only see Page 1 of 50 Next> when viewing SatelliteGuys in PDA MODE on my Pocket PC (Sprint Mogul PPC-6800). There is no last page, ">>" option. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there is work around because I am not going to scroll through 50 pages just to read the latest posts.:confused:

Thanks!!!

The Last Page ">>" options shows up when using MSIE or Firefox in PDA Mode, but it's not there when using my Sprint Mogul. Granted, this is a minor problem, but I am on the road quite often these days and scrolling through a 40+ pages thread is enough to go postal.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• LastPagePDA_Firefox.JPG
    LastPagePDA_Firefox.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 110
The >> only shows up if there are a certain number of posts in a thread. I don't know the threshold for it to appear nor do I know how to change it. (I didn't write the PDA Mode)

It is not a Mogul Problem (as I use the Mogul Myself)

A tip for you to try is to look at the url in the browser, when you go to page two of a thread you will notice that the url ends with -2.html change that number 2 to the page of the thread you want to go to and then hit enter.

We have two PDA modes here each one does things better then the other one does.

Because it is a major upgrade I need to program stuff all over again includiing a new skin. I have been working on this now for the past few weeks. And now that CES is over I am concentrating my time and energy on getting us on the new software. A PDA mode is also in the works and hopefully it fixes some of the issues that the current ones have.

Thanks! I already have enough distractions while driving down the highway viewing/posting SatelliteGuys in PDA mode: driving, coffee, breakfast, peeling fruit, shaving, mobile phone, GPS, etc.:rolleyes:

Anything to enhance PDA would be greatly appreciated.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)