Peacock TV

You Tube TV isn't on ROKU
The YTTV app isnt, but YTTV itself is still available on the platform, its now embedded into the regular Youtube app.
I just bought a 85” TCL 7 Series 3 weeks ago, thought that was how we were going to have to watch YTTV, I signed into my Roku account when I activated it and loaded up all my apps, to my surprise the YTTV app was there.

Yes they are and I am done with them. I prefer Android anyway.

Supposedly they are gearing up for a dispute with Netflix.
Well that would be moronic of them to drop Netflix. No ott box can survive without Netflix. I would say that Netflix has the upperhand in any potential dispute.

What really sucks for me is that last year I bought three Roku Ultimate boxes for my home. With an ethernet port and usb, they were the perfect solution. Then the disputes with HBO Max and Peacock happened and I'm thinking that I should be moving on. It's still the only box with a Playon desktop app though.

Yes they are and I am done with them. I prefer Android anyway.

Supposedly they are gearing up for a dispute with Netflix.
FWIW: I switched to Android TV (NVIDIA Shield) last fall, and I can say it is not without problems, just like everything else. Apparently, the Android media player has some issues with playback under certain circumstances. Specifically, Hulu, HBOmax, and AppleTV apps have frame drop issues, where the image will freeze periodically on my Shields. I have switched to my AppleTV 4K for primary viewing in my living room. I have a new one on the way for my wife to try out in the kitchen. If it goes well, that is likely to become our default device going forward. I just have to decide whether to try to sell my Shields if the AppleTV trial works well.

Well that would be moronic of them to drop Netflix. No ott box can survive without Netflix. I would say that Netflix has the upperhand in any potential dispute.

What really sucks for me is that last year I bought three Roku Ultimate boxes for my home. With an ethernet port and usb, they were the perfect solution. Then the disputes with HBO Max and Peacock happened and I'm thinking that I should be moving on. It's still the only box with a Playon desktop app though.
Roku was invented for Netflix

Meanwhile...

Tour de France coverage is up. The replays can be a little tricky to find and the highlights are from last year.

The Tour de France was the first thing I checked out after I installed the Peacock app on my 4K FireTV stick yesterday. It loaded up much quicker than on the Roku, but when I watched a clip of the previous day's big crash, it took forever for the PQ to reach full res, so long I thought the video was posted in low res. Otherwise, the Tour live stream looked and worked fine.

Reading very closely I noticed this-

It said that starting with the next Jurrasic World and Fast and Furious movies will be on Peacock only, that means Comcast/ Universal will not be signing a new deal with HBO.

Disney already has said they will not be signing a new deal with HBO and will be putting new movies from Fox on Hulu.

This means content will be more diluted for HBO since all movies they have will be from Warner's.

It also means is we are getting closer to every major studio having their own streaming service.

What it also means is more content is being pulled from Traditional Providers.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!
Told ya-

Universal and Peacock announced today that a new licensing agreement will go into effect in 2022, after the current deal between Universal and HBO comes to an end. The deal will include bringing all Universal Filmed Entertainment Group’s theatrical releases to Peacock exclusively for a four month window.

Currently, Universal has a deal in place with HBO that gives streaming rights to HBO Max after films leave theaters. News that NBCUniversal was considering the move to bring movies to Peacock rather than licensing content came out in April.

With the deal, Universal, Focus Features, Illumination, and DreamWorks Animation titles will be exclusively available on Peacock no later than four months following their theatrical debuts.

Reactions: Yespage
Cross country, biathlon, and Nordic combined are back! As well as speed skating, long track... not that silly short track stuff.

xfinity sent me ( I assume because I used to be a subscriber to their Broadband and received Peacock for free then) a promo code to come back to Peacock for 50% off, it worked on their annual commercial free plan, became $50 for the year.

My wife wanted to watch those 3 Chicago shows ( never seen them), so, at least, it will get used for that, probably will take a few months to watch them all.

Watched The Lost Symbol last week, supposed to be Peacock exclusive, pretty good IMO. Reminded me a bit of the National Treasure movies. I haven't read any Dan Brown so I don't know if the Langdon character appears in later books. They did end it with the possibility of more.

Dr. Death, another Peacock Original was quite good as well.

Watched The Lost Symbol last week, supposed to be Peacock exclusive, pretty good IMO. Reminded me a bit of the National Treasure movies. I haven't read any Dan Brown so I don't know if the Langdon character appears in later books. They did end it with the possibility of more.

Dr. Death, another Peacock Original was quite good as well.
The Lost Symbol was the third book in the series. If you liked it, you might also like The da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons. I personally did not like Inferno, but that is also a Robert Langdon story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts