Peaking a Phase-III dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
What do you use to cover 110 and 119 when peaking satellite 101 transponder 1? I will be doing this, this weekend and need to know so I can properly set up the dish.

Thanks!!

Get the mast as level and plumb as you can use the level, set the elevation and skew as per your zip code on the TV menu, aim and peak in the 101 satellite and the rest will not be far away, the Phase III defaults to the 101 satellite for pointing!

The main thing I'm concerned with is since it has 3 LNBs it trying to peak on the wrong satellite.

As I said above it acts like a single LNB dish, if all angles you set are good you point at the 101w bird, peak in the signal and you are done, check the signal strengths and you should be done, what to remember is the 101 LNB is the far right LNB, 110 is the middle LNB and the 119 is the far left LNB, this is from behind the dish, it sounds weird as the satellites are the other way round in the sky, but this dish act almost like a mirror!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)