Pending tech visit is it worth the trip?

CulpeperUplink

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Culpeper,VA
Got a 2 hopper 2 Joey install two weeks ago, install went okay tech had to swap one hopper as it would not take a download, however my wife and I have really enjoyed the system as we have no real problems expect for the know items (e.g. No inter hopper communications).

I have noticed two unknown/uncommon problems:

1) caller ID does not display on any hopper or Joey. I have it turned on in the settings and yes I have a working phone plugged into both hoppers. Phone lines tests out fine in network setting. Last I do get caller ID service from my telco and it is working on all other house phones.

2) I can't get any of my old external hard drives to show up on either hopper. I know they work with dish as I had them connected and working on VIP 211 receivers before the hopper upgrade. Also had advanced tech support send a hit to all equipment as this is a known issue admitted by the advance support tech.

I called Dish to confirm both items above should work and ran thru their troubleshooting script and we were not able to fix.

I find it funny that both of my hoppers have the same problems but everything else is working just fine.

Just wondering if it's worth the trip for dish as what are the odds of have two hoppers with the same hardware problems seams more like software and I worry I might end up with new problems on things that are working now. I know I could cancel and I also feel the advanced support tech might have opened a TC a little to easy even after we talked for about 20 mins. It will be interesting if my two issues get resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

EHD's hooked to 211's will not work on the Hopper. You need to reformat to get the Hoppers to see them.

Interesting the tech knew they were coming off 211 receivers where was this in the script? :)

Reformat like plug it a windows system and reformat to NTFS and then let the hopper reformat back to dish?

Thanks for the help!!!

It took me a bit of fiddling with the caller id to get it to work on both Hoppers and all four Joeys. I had to have separate phone lines plugged into each Hopper, since the integration software has not been released yet. And also had to enable caller id on each receiver. If I remember correctly, after a hard reboot, some of the receivers defaulted back to having the caller id turned off. Had to reset that. But all work fine now.

Thanks that did the trick on the ehd I will work on the caller I'd but that is minor. You freed up half my Saturday. Sate Guys rock apparently better than Dish Advanced Tech Support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts