Pentagon Channel

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Does anyone know if Dish still has the Pentagon Channel availible? I'm talking about the Armed Forces Network, for those who were in the military and know what AFN is.

What do you have to do to get it??

Looks like it's only on the 61.5 satellite, so you'd need a "wing" dish to get it. There is no one-dish solution that will pick up that bird. Good news is, it's free to anyone with the AT60 package or higher.

sigmtr said:
Good news is, it's free to anyone with the AT60 package or higher.

Actually, I believe the wing dish is only free if you happen to have a local channel on 61.5. When I got mine, it was $99 for dish and install, since none of my locals were on 61.5

dishrich said:
Actually, ANYONE that subscibes to ANYTHING on E* can get the PI channels, by just getting the FREE PI package turned on their account ;) ;)

true. I have Family Pack and they turned on the PI channels (after reading a disclaimer) :)

If you get one of the HD packages, and get a dish aimed at 61.5, you won't have to pay for the dish. You're paying plenty otherwise.

But yes, it's there. I watch it sometimes.

I have a dish pointed at 61.5,got it out of a dumpster and paid $5 for a used sw-21,Pentagon channel is great for us military types.:cool:

197 The Documentary Channel
265 China Central TV 9
9400 The Research Channel
9401 HITN (Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network)
9403 BYU TV (Brigham Young University)
9404 University of Washigton TV (UWTV)
9407 Colours TV
9410 WorldLink TV
210 Cable Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN)
213 NASA - TV
260 Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN)
261 Eternal Word TV Network (EWTN)
9409 Rural Farm Broadcasting (RFD TV)
9411 Northern Arizona University House
9412 University of California TV (UCTV)
9415 Free Speech Television
9405 The Pentagon Channel
9406 Classic Arts Showcase
9416 Good Samaritan Network
9417 Holistic Television Network
9418 Panhandle Area Educational Consortium

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/49

If you have AT60 you have all of these

Here in the Rockies I have most of those on the HD-Silver w/locals, maybe I'll replace the 121 feed with a 61.5 feed for the rest of them.

However, I also have the Family Pack on another account down in the swamps south of New Orleans which also currently has a SuperDish 121/DP34. Since the 121 is no longer needed, I think I'll call and have the PI added and throw up a Dish 500 for a 61.5 feed.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts