perhaps we need

a sticky post whith links to all the FAQ ???

Still needs more editing...

Good idea, however, even with a sticky, people just keep on asking the same questions over and over and over and over.................

Start doing the searches and bookmark the results and build a FAQ and then ask for it to get stickied. Let's see what happens.

Still needs more editing...

Good idea, however, even with a sticky, people just keep on asking the same questions over and over and over and over.................

Start doing the searches and bookmark the results and build a FAQ and then ask for it to get stickied. Let's see what happens.

well can i get some input from the regulars as to what they see as FAQ's??

if i can , i'll start doing searches and compiling the answers

FAQs can be of any kind, depending on what you want to accomplish. On this type of site, I would suggest the following:

1) A short listing of what is on the site--what should be posted where.
2) Rules of etiquette for posting: what you can do, and what is frowned upon.
3) Definitions for terms commonly used in the forum.
4) A list of resources available on the site, such as "The List". tngTony and others maintain some nice resource sites which could also be linked.

These are just "starter" suggestions. Hopefully others will chime in. As you probably know, there are other forums dealing with television in various ways that might also give you ideas. The avsforum for instance is hugh, but not as focused for those primarily interested in satellite television (or radio, for that matter).