Perhaps you can solve my problem D* couldn't?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ewjones1982

Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Here's the deal, recently I moved my 72.5 to from a seperate pole to the pole my Slimline was on. Peaked the signal for the 72.5 at 100 on every transponder, nothing appears to be blocking it etc.

Later that night, turn to my local, and notice I get the not available in your area error message(727). All of my locals give me that error message, on all 3 receivers which are different models. So i call D*, they restart everything, blah blah and an hour later of talking, still not working.

I notice the H20 also says a multiswitch error on the local channels only after the 727 message. I order a new 6x8, just installed it, restarted the receiver, repeated the satellite setup for 5-lnb and the installed 72.5, still no fix.

Any ideas? D* certainly couldn't figure it out, but said a tech might be able to see what it was after $70 and part swapping at my expense.

Thanks so much.

Forgot to mention that I already swapped out the LNB for the 72.5, verified all connections, swapped out RG6, tried flexport 2, the works. Thought maybe a positioning problem, but I'm nearly maxed out on signal strength.

Are you sure you peaked on the 72.5? Just a far out possibility that you found 101 or 119 by mistake and peaked there? When I had one of the first 95W 1m dishes my installers had done, they kept acquiring signals from adjacent sats and needed to get a higher end signal meter to do the job right.

Sounds similar to a problem I was having after firmware 2024 went national.

My fix after discussing the issue with a level two tech rep at D* was to hang up and troubleshoot it. I found that a "reset all" on my H20 solved the troubles for my MPEG4 national channels (for some reason the spotbeam channels were unaffected). It was throwing a Multiswitch Error after a channel not purchased error, the former being a D* fubar.

If you've run out of solutions, that might fix the issue by forcing the receiver to re-set-up everything. It's quite straightforward and shouldn't take you more than five minutes. It's in the main setup menu.

Sounds similar to a problem I was having after firmware 2024 went national.

My fix after discussing the issue with a level two tech rep at D* was to hang up and troubleshoot it. I found that a "reset all" on my H20 solved the troubles for my MPEG4 national channels (for some reason the spotbeam channels were unaffected). It was throwing a Multiswitch Error after a channel not purchased error, the former being a D* fubar.

If you've run out of solutions, that might fix the issue by forcing the receiver to re-set-up everything. It's quite straightforward and shouldn't take you more than five minutes. It's in the main setup menu.

I'm getting the multi switch error on multiple occassions (I have no multi switch) - its fixed after a reboot - but this keeps happening - anyone know of a software update that fixes this??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts