Periodic loss of transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I am having some problem with loss of signal on the 119 bird. It is only for a second or two and shows a box on the screen that it is locating the transponder. I did a check today and it shows all of my signal strengths at 75-80 on all transponders. Is there something I can do to help solve this problem? At first I thought this was do to the yearly sun thing and it would go away in a short time, but it has lasted well over three months and always is on the sports I watch or movies I record off of the premium stations. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my signals off of the 110 bird range anywhere from low 90s to well ver 11o. Strange! Thanks, Mike

check your all yor RG6 connectors(at lnbs,switches, grounding blocks,splices ect) to see if they are clean & tight.
corroded connectors can cause intermittent loss
also make sure the dish has clear line of sight(no tree limbs,leaves, ect anything that could move in front of dish in wind))
and make sure dish is secure(doesn't wobble in the wind)

Thansk for the reply. I think it might be time to change out all of my cables. The ones I have are actually originals from the previous owner when he had Primestar! I really have had no problem in 7 years, but it might be time to run new stuff. Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)