Pernell Roberts, Star of TV's Bonanza, Trapper John M.D., Passes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP. Pernell Roberts always seemed to be the Hamlet on Bonanza. Always serious and wearing black. Versus Dan Blocker and Michael Landon doing Laurel and Hardy.

the show did not havea single star. each episode would focus on one (or perhapsd two) of the four with the others not appearing or doing so only in a supporting role.

RIP Pernell Roberts.

Sad that all the Bonanza actors are gone.

Don't know if this is fact, but I heard on the radio this morning, the reason he quit Bonanza was he thought it was silly 3 grown men having to ask their father's permission.

I never thought of it like that, but he's right :)

RIP Pernell Roberts.

Sad that all the Bonanza actors are gone.

Don't know if this is fact, but I heard on the radio this morning, the reason he quit Bonanza was he thought it was silly 3 grown men having to ask their father's permission.

I never thought of it like that, but he's right :)
I read that last night also right after I posted this... RIP Pernell...

I didn't know he was the star of bonanza.
He quit after 6 seasons and the show went on without him for another 8 seasons.
:confused:

No one said THE STAR or A STAR.;)

In the title of the thread it says - Star of TV's Bonanza not A STAR of TV's Bonanza.;)

Seems that you did use the phrase THE STAR.....

You have now moved to my ignore.....

That is sad news...love Booooonanza:). The only one left now is "Candy" David Canary. He is getting on up there too. He is still around on "All My Children". But the original cast has all passed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)