Petition to get BD-Live (profile 2.0) added to the LG BH200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Apparently LG has decided not to update the Bh200 to profile 2.0, however, in lieu of the update they will grant a $75 rebate to any owner upon request.

You will need to call the LG support line at 800-243-0000 and ask for the BD-live rebate. You will be required to provide the serial number of your unit and either fax or email a copy of your receipt. As far as I can tell this is only open to US residents.

When I requested my rebate I specifically asked if they will continue to provide firmware updates as needed and was assured that they will continue to support the unit but will not be activating the BD-live feature.

I guess $75 dollars is better then nothing.

Canadians can indeed apply using an American address and be creative with the bill. I ended up with 2 rebates for units bought in Canada. The serial number is all one data base that just knows that the unit was made for North America.

They sure screwed us in Canada, the only consolation is that most Canadians paid at least half of what it was selling for in the US.....it can be done!!!!

Looks like the studios are rethinking BD Live now, might be the end. Cant say I blame them, havent seen one that was worth a crap since getting the BD35 and SDHC card.

allargon, looks like you got your wish, according to AVS, the Bh200 update today enabled BD-live.

Yes, I can confirm the latest firmware enables BD-Live on the BH-200. To take advantage of it you need to add a USB drive for storage (recommended 1GB). The new firmware is available through the players "Update" menu provided it is connected to a network that has access to the internet.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)