Petition to get our channels back

I'm sorry you think I'm stupid BUT.......
OUR local channels are not in town, they are distant and we got them through dish. Ours come out of Dallas. THEY call them Distant Local. So call them, stupid, not me.
I'm so glad I was raised with manners, you are just plain rude.

You've said two different things. In the petition, you said "local distant." Now, you are saying "distant local." I've never heard anyone call them either one of those. It's an oxymoron. They can't be both local and distant. If they are distant, they aren't local. If they are local, they aren't distant. I don't know who "they" are so perhaps you can explain who is calling them "distant local."

They are called "Distant Network Channels" or "Distant Network Signals."

I'm sorry you think I'm stupid BUT.......
OUR local channels are not in town, they are distant and we got them through dish. Ours come out of Dallas. THEY call them Distant Local. So call them, stupid, not me.
I'm so glad I was raised with manners, you are just plain rude.
Ok, I need to know in what city you live...Reason, many people are uninformed as to whcih DMA they reside..For instance in another thread a customer was livid over losing his locals out of Dallas..He resides in Sherman,TX,,Sherman is the Sherman/Ada,OK DMA....It turns out,, that customer is now receivng locals form where he should...He's pissed but that's life..So I ask, in whcih city and county do you reside..I can go to a website and find out which DMA you reside in.
www.dbstalk.com

If you are going to take the time to set up such a thing, at least understand what you are typing. This is an idiot list. There is no such thing as a "local distant channel".

Think, people. Think.

"Distant local" or "local distant" - perhaps I'm confused too, because I've heard Dish TV refer to my San Francisco stations as "Distant Locals" because my true locals became to be Medford, OR years after choosing San Francisco as my "local network" (which I continued to receive until November 30). Over time, my San Francisco choice became a "don't give it up or you'll never get them back grandfathered stations" and the Dish techs would refer to my SF stations as my "Distant Locals" as opposed to my DNS stations out of NY, Denver and LA.

A petition can not get them back. They were offered shut off by a federal judge. Dish did not shut them off because they wanted to.

The ebst you can do is contact your represenative or senator and tell them your not happy.

Fingers acting up today big guy?:)

If Pattie wants to organize a petition maybe one to congress would be appropriate.

So, the NAB finally got part of what it wanted: if LiLs are available to you, you're not getting DNS and especially NO grandfathered DNS. Of course they'd be happier if no flavor of DNS existed anywhere but they're working on it.

So now CONGRESS, how about addressing digital equality under the law?
If HD LiLs, then no HD DNS - ok, we can live with that but how about "must carry" for them?

In other words if the interest is really in being fair to viewers, then along with getting rid of loopholes that allow "served" viewers to get analog dns, we need to CLOSE loopholes that are preventing truly unserved viewers from getting digital feeds of networks.

Force affiliates to make their digital feeds "available" to all carriers that want them but also force all carriers that want to be in the business of providing TV signals to carry the local digital feeds.

When there is not a digital signal (of decent power and quality) for a network available in a DMA then the carrier can (and must) provide a digital feed of that network from an adjacent DMA (presumably within the same spotbeam) or if that is not practical, then a national feed could be used on a CONUS beam.

All this would be separate from and regardless of any analog signals that may or may not be available to the viewer (from any source). If analog is going away, we need to completly separate it from digital now.

This would be fair and I guaren-friggen-tee you it would snap affiliates in line and speed up the digital transition but most important, it would insure all television viewers had equal access to high definition network programming.

Contact your Congressional Delegation and tell them you support allowing Dish to sell DNS service if they pay a penalty in the amount of every cent collected from ALL DNS subs over the years they offered DNS illegally and profited - using it to reduce the Federal debt. Congress should not and cannot reward Corporations that break the law making millions each month off of it.

Ronald McDonald has a better change of taking over for Charlie when he retires... But since I'm next in line anyhow... The first thing I'm going to can is that useless PBS channel. The Department of Education can take that channel and cram...