Do HDMI cables or component cables come with the 211?

Got a 211 a couple of weeks ago (free upgrade-courtesy of losing DNS and threatening the CSR with switching to D) and it only included analog cables for component and audio. The CSR advised me not to use HDMI but stick with component until a software update is done for the the 211 but since I needed the other component input on the TV I ordered an HDMI cable to try and it has been working flawlessly for days now with my Samsung 4676.

My original 211 did not come with any component or HDMI, but when I sent my 211 back due to HDMI dying, my replacement came with component (I had to laugh, it's like E* threw em in just incase HDMI died again)

I got a 622 and a 211 installed last week. Each receiver has an HDMI-DVI-HDMI cable (DVI is my best guess, it's some sort of conversion in the middle before going back to HDMI on the other end). Am I sacrificing picture quality with this thing? Should I use a standard HDMI-HDMI cable instead?

spike

My 211 did not come with component, it came with composite Yellow/Red/White cables, which I am using as component cables and it works fine.

I've known others to do the same thing.

If the audio cables use 75 ohm connectors, they can work okay as video cables. A number of audio cables are 75 ohms, but they don't guarantee it and there is no easy way to determine if they do. Even if they are off, they will still work, just not quite as well.

Radio Shack Gold A/V cables have been 75 ohm for years. For a while they sold the three 75 ohm cables as an audio/video 3 cable set with red, white, and yellow colored ringlets on them for around $20. And the exact same cables with red, green, and blue ringlets on them as component cables for $45.

One can always use the cheapie E* A/V cable in a pinch and then pick up a $10-$15 set of components later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)