PG messed up at times

satellite_crazy_bob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 30, 2004
Massachusetts
Is anyone having the following problem with their 811 receiver?

PG showing incorrect programming on some channels
PG showing incorrect start and stop times of programming on some channels

I have noticed this over the last couple of days.

satellite_crazy_bob said:
Is it also SOP for the picture to seem dark on many channels? I'm using the DVI connection.

Some users complain about dark video on some outputs, some on all outputs, and some not at all. Smart money says it is a hardware defect in the 811, but Dish say it will be fixed in a future software update, date unknown and has been "in the next release" since about February, 3 or 4 releases back but who's counting.

The guide can get messed up and a reboot fixes it (hold in the front panel power button for 10 seconds or so, then release). The 811 makes Windows 98 look reliable. Dish should add a "reboot" button to the 811 remote (or add 3 buttons, Ctrl-Alt-Delete LOL).

Keith.

keith said:
The guide can get messed up and a reboot fixes it (hold in the front panel power button for 10 seconds or so, then release). The 811 makes Windows 98 look reliable. Dish should add a "reboot" button to the 811 remote (or add 3 buttons, Ctrl-Alt-Delete LOL).
I did the reboot on Saturday and it did solve the problem at that time but came back again Sunday and I waisted 20 minutes on the phone with TECH SUPPORT and of course the first thing they had me do was the reboot and I told them I did that yesterday and it fixed it at that time but they said do it again and then they had me check the signal strength on 119 and 110 trying different transponders and then do a check switch, well here it is monday morning and the problem is back. So I have to agree with the comment about Windows 98.

satellite_crazy_bob said:
I did the reboot on Saturday and it did solve the problem at that time but came back again Sunday and I waisted 20 minutes on the phone with TECH SUPPORT and of course the first thing they had me do was the reboot ...

Dish are to blame for putting out the 811 with so many problems, but you know what, if we all called Dish tech support every time we had a problem I am sure these problems would be escalated up to the highest priority.

My 6 month old 811 has problems just about 100% of the time switching from extended OTA to satellite. In the last 6 months, I do remember the guide data being extended and the s-video output got a little brighter, but with the same crushed black problem. Still can't do last channel recall from OTA to satellite, amazing. Really not very much progress in 6 months :(

I could be calling Dish tech support several times a day! Multiply that by the number of 811 users out there who have problems and this product alone will swamp their phone support.

Anybody else in on this? Seriously, let's be proactive and get organized. I will call once per day, how about you?

Keith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts