Phase II HD

Well Directv will have to start by adding the hd channels that DISH already has that they don't. There is a lot of premium movie channels that Directv doesn't even have. How can Directv claim to be a premium sat service when they don't have but a few Hd premium movie channels?

Besides ESPN U, what big one is out there that Dish doesn't have? I want TCM, but I know that they and the Rainbow channels have some spotty HD at best now anyway, so no big deal. Directv will just be filling in the blanks that we've already got, I agree.

What is the Epix/Dish email problem?

Someone please explain that to me.

Digiblur seems to think the fact that the EPIX HD channel (TMP65) was assigned a Dish Latino number in a previous uplink means the contracts have been signed as he says they usually don't do that unless negotiations are complete.

On the Scotty Chat audio podcast last night (around 55:25) Scott mentioned the holdup was about getting authentication for E* customers to use the EPIX website and some problems they were having.

Free Online Radio - Internet Talk Radio - 404 Page | BlogTalkRadio (Mp3 link)

Digiblur seems to think the fact that the EPIX HD channel (TMP65) was assigned a Dish Latino number in a previous uplink means the contracts have been signed as he says they usually don't do that unless negotiations are complete.

On the Scotty Chat audio podcast last night (around 55:25) Scott mentioned the holdup was about getting authentication for E* customers to use the EPIX website and some problems they were having.

Thank you.

I still miss VOOM. I have replace some of the recordings from them and would have had more if I knew I was to lose it. Total VOOM left 47: Film Fest 8, Gallery 6, Kung Fu 9, Monsters 2, World Cinema 22, even though it has been gone since 4/08. After TCM in HD from Turner, I want IFC and AMC in HD, both from Rainbow.
-Ken

Besides ESPN U, what big one is out there that Dish doesn't have? I want TCM, but I know that they and the Rainbow channels have some spotty HD at best now anyway, so no big deal. Directv will just be filling in the blanks that we've already got, I agree.

The rainbow channels are all I can thank of besides the rest of the showtime premiums, and they could fill in the rest of the premiums that are just in sd. But for the most part , I think DISH has filled in most of the top 200 channels that are in hd.

FYI, the direct link to the Scotty Chat podcast changed for some reason but now it's available on this very forum.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelliteguys-podcast/202472-show-70-scotty-chat.html

Last edited:

Well, they have better HD than many of the channels Dish does carry, so if you value the rest of Dish's lineup then you value them.

TCM-HD is very, very good, they do broadcast some movies in HD and a lot in upscaled that looks loads better than the crap SD broadcast. The Rainbow suite has something for everyone (amongst AMC-HD, WE-HD, IFC-HD) and I enjoy Style-HD quite a bit (I think that's Comcast). Even the shopping channels (e.g. QVC-HD) benefit a great deal from HD (and I do like watching them). I have all of these channels on my cable system and, even with the lousy bandwidth, they are very much worth it. I'm even leaving out the local stuff like YES-HD and PBS-HD.

In short, I agree that Dish has a very good lineup of HD (perhaps even better than D*) but to say that the ones they don't have aren't worth having sounds mostly like sour grapes.

I still miss VOOM. I have replace some of the recordings from them and would have had more if I knew I was to lose it. Total VOOM left 47: Film Fest 8, Gallery 6, Kung Fu 9, Monsters 2, World Cinema 22, even though it has been gone since 4/08. After TCM in HD from Turner, I want IFC and AMC in HD, both from Rainbow.
-Ken

You had to mention it...:(

Im still missing Voom.

Nothing has replaced the programming...

Still wishing somehow Voom would rise again.
I know its just a dream.

Not sure when if ever we will see new Rainbow programming.
If Im Cablevision I steer clear of Dish network.

Monsters, Rave, Film fest and Equator..My favorites.

Sad too see such good channels just die off...

Well, there are 12 TMPs recently uplinked. So far we have had discussed

-EPIX HD
-Shorts HD
-Outdoor HD
-QVC HD
-HSN HD
-ESPNU HD

We are also considering AMC and IFC unlikely due to the Voom litigation. If that is the case, there are still 6 more potential slots. What else do we think Dish is working on?

Maybe the remaining Comcast channels (G4 and Style)? Maybe some new Turner channels (TCM and HLN)? Missing premiums?

I noticed that ShortsHD has other channels as well wonder if they will add the rest of them..

SHORTSHD, THE SHORT MOVIE CHANNEL

Looks like those are just themed programming blocks on Shorts, not actual channels.

I did forget one channel that had been rumored: Investigation Discovery. But still more slots available.

Anyone one know when the AMC and/or IFC contracts are up? Even with ongoing litigation, there is a chance they could come if Dish and Rainbow have to negotiate for continued carriage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts