Philips TV and Joey with 52 Remote - Volume Issue

vipul128

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I am having an issue with the 52 remote on a Joey 2 attached to a Philips TV. I can control everything except for the volume. If I press the volume up button, the volume will go up 1 notch, but then will not go up again no matter how many times I press the button. If I press the volume down button, nothing happens.

The IR sensor on the TV is fine because it powers on and off fine, and the volume is controlled fine with the original Philips remote.

Everything was working fine up until a few months ago when something changed and the volume control started working incorrectly with the 52 remote. Any ideas?

Replace with a 50.0.

Wow, great suggestions. I'm glad you are here to assist. Great asset to the forum.

Anyone else have any suggestions or possibly have experienced a similar issue with a Philips TV?

The suggestions have been given... if you have tried them all, there is nothing left to do other than either replace remote or live with it. There is no magic sequence to repair in this case.

The suggestions have been given... if you have tried them all, there is nothing left to do other than either replace remote or live with it. There is no magic sequence to repair in this case.

I'm glad you are the end all be all of suggestions.

Maybe it's a known issue that cropped up during a software update and messed up the programming codes to these specific TVs? Maybe it's a faulty remote as you suggest. Or maybe it's an actual bug that nobody knows about. I'm not asking for you to pull a rabbit out of your hat, in fact I asked if ANY ONE ELSE had suggestions. You fit more of a description of a clown anyway.

Maybe it's a known issue that cropped up during a software update and messed up the programming codes to these specific TVs? Maybe it's a faulty remote as you suggest. Or maybe it's an actual bug that nobody knows about. I'm not asking for you to pull a rabbit out of your hat, in fact I asked if ANY ONE ELSE had suggestions. You fit more of a description of a clown anyway.

It’s not a known issue. Sounds like a bad remote

Chad, though a little blunt, may be right. You ARE alone in that there have been no other complaints/problems. Call Dish for a replacement remote. They will ship you one free. If that does not solve the problem, might be you TV.

There are enough employees on this board that would have told you if it was even close to a known issue. Understanding the dynamic here will get you much further.

Reactions: HipKat
Not sure it would make any difference, but you could try using the learning feature and try to "teach" the 52 remote the volume up and volume down commands directly from the Philips remote that is still working.

On my LG 65EF9500 OLED TV, the 40.0 remote when you hit volume up or down, it can do between anywhere from 1-3 notches while it works correctly on the 52.0. Sometimes the remote has to come out after the model of the tv for it to work properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts