Phillipenes for CSR

Bear Paws

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
NE connecticut
I called Dish last night to get credit for a 211 they tried to bill me for that I returned 2wks ago. TG for tracking numbers.
Any how the automated answer system was very screwed up but however after about 5 min of pushing buttons I get a live CSR that can not speak English nor understand it either. After about 2 min I gave up and just hung up.
Called again and went through the same fiasco with their phone system and finally got a very accented girl. WE labored through the problem and the fix for about 10 min . I literally had to tell her about tracking etc. She was able to determine the receiver was received in Texas on the 9th yet the billing notice was sent out the 17th. Ok, she gave me credit on my account. [ I hope]
I asked her where she was and she told me the Phlllipenes. :eek:

Geez, Charley, I have no problem with out-sourceing but you guys are supposed to be cutting edge tech and you can't get a phone answering system to work and then no one that speaks English on the other end.... What??? Do we need to pay more , is that it????

When will these companies understantd that Customer Service is the business they really are in.

Are you going to stop watching Dish solely because the CSRs aren't sitting in Oregon, Idaho, Florida, etc (i.e. are American and can speak frickin English)? They do it because they can.

calling 1800 333 dish is a giant pain in the rear. Since i got audited i call that number and bug em there. Get some one i can understand everytime. Some times i call the retailer activation line as well...

Are you going to stop watching Dish solely because the CSRs aren't sitting in Oregon, Idaho, Florida, etc (i.e. are American and can speak frickin English)? They do it because they can.
Of course not. Yes they do. See next.

No ZERO,
its a "service" I and you dearly pay for. Not some one else as part of some liberal welfar program.. Its part of the contract that Dish and I agreed to when I, as their costomer that they solicited, paid them a "fee for service". Granted the agreement did not stipulate English but however it is understood that any communication about that contracted service has to be understood by all parties involved. Since the contract was writen in English , I would have a reasonable expectation that any communication hence forth would also involve understandable English.
Privalage or right, indeed!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fredbenz:
this seems to be very recent , since I called about the 211 malfunction 3wks ago. Then I spoke to, after being screened and told how much I owe, a very articulate tecky and all went well. :)

If you want to get technical, depending on how literally you translate the contract, DISH didn't even agree to provide you with WORKING satellite television. They could pull their entire system down except for one satellite and broadcast as 1/10th quality, but they'd still be providing "service". Getting literal with contracts swings BOTH ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts