Phoenix NBC, KPNX OTA Guide is in Spanish NOT English???

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Phoenix NBC (KPNX) OTA Guide on DISH is in Spanish NOT English, programming is all in English.
Really strange, all other OTA channels guide is in English as it should be, except NBC!
I rescanned all OTA channels and it didn't make any difference.
What is really interesting is that the OTA Guide directly on the the TV (not through DISH) for NBC is in ENGLISH as it should be.
Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Reactions: dishdude
Phoenix NBC (KPNX) OTA Guide on DISH is in Spanish NOT English, programming is all in English.
Really strange, all other OTA channels guide is in English as it should be, except NBC!
I rescanned all OTA channels and it didn't make any difference.
What is really interesting is that the OTA Guide directly on the the TV (not through DISH) for NBC is in ENGLISH as it should be.
Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

I was literally just posting this. I couldn't figure out why Seth Meyers didn't record. It looks like the guide data is for a totally different channel!
IMG_0353.jpeg

Dish Setting --> OTA Channels --> Remove All --> Rescan. What am I doing wrong?

Good, I thought I am going crazy. I have been using Dish for like 10 years so I really know what I am doing. Also the NBC icon is missing from the Guide.

It's currently showing no channel logo for 12-1, the wrong English program in the title and a different but still wrong description in Spanish for the description of the program! All kinds of screwed up.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Because the Guide is in spanish, NONE of the NBC programs in your Dish recording schedule will record! That is how I found that the guide switched to spanish.

As I said, what is interesting, the OTA TV guide NOT in the Dish guide is correct. I emailed KPNX, but I am sure they didn't understand what I was talking about.

This is ridiculous, out of 90+ channels I pick-up on my OTA, NBC is the only channel guide that switched to spanish and that is not some kind of an option that you can select.

I am wondering who screwed it up. Obviously my smart TV OTA gets its guide from a different source than the Dish OTA does. Does anyone know from where does Dish gets its OTA guide and to whom can we complain?

The fact that your TV OTA guide is in English means the problem is with Dish (or their provider). I don't think stations can put out multiple language guide data. Even though you're pulling in the station OTA on your Dish receiver, Dish uses their own source to populate the guide, NOT the PSIP data the station sends out. This is a Dish (or their vendor) issue.

The fact that your TV OTA guide is in English means the problem is with Dish (or their provider). I don't think stations can put out multiple language guide data. Even though you're pulling in the station OTA on your Dish receiver, Dish uses their own source to populate the guide, NOT the PSIP data the station sends out. This is a Dish (or their vendor) issue.

The guide data they're displaying is for a different channel, I think it's for Telemundo instead of NBC.

The guide data they're displaying is for a different channel, I think it's for Telemundo instead of NBC.
You are right, definitely the NBC ch 12-01 KPNX guide data is the Telemundo Guide ch 39-01 which is in spanish.

If there are any DISH SUPPORT people here, please see if you can fix this problem ASAP. All Phoenix will thank you!
If I call Dish, I am sure they will not know what I am talking about.

IMG_20211002_142644_492.jpg
IMG_20211002_142622_062.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: dishdude
Just confirming (and noticed because of this post) my guide is wrong, too. I saw on the uplink report elsewhere a couple of days ago that a bunch of Tegna stations got OTA EPG linked or unlinked or stretched or manipulated or whatever it is Dish does. Wrong guide probably a result of this.

I finally called Dish and was with them on the phone for over 30 minutes and being transferred from person to person. They had no clue what I was trying to explain to them. Apparently they have been getting a lot of complaints from people in Phoenix that their Dish is not recording NBC programs. Neither Dish or the customers understood that the problem is with their NBC OTA guide and instead Dish was trying to "teach" them how to schedule recording.

Eventually they connected me with someone that knew exactly what I was talking about and he admitted that they just figured out what was the problem and that they are in contact with their OTA guide provider which hopefully will fix this problem shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)