Phoenix Voomers-Cox Cable HD service

I just signed up with Cox Communications :river
I did it through this link Corporate Alliance Program
They have a pretty extensive list of companies that they are connected with and you can get better incentives. I signed up using Banner Health(my wife). If you are a state employee, use the Employee Network reference.

Lisa Eskina
CAP Representative
602-694-1968

Speaking of Employee Network, go to www.employeenetwork.com for discounts in Phoenix if you are a state employee

Edit: seems they have an extensive list as well for discounts.

Thanks Carter.
The links you gave have the adapter priced around $30. I guess I was off on the price for the DVI/HDMI adapters.

InspectorZ,

I think you were probably thinking about an HDMI to DVI cable, which could cost a $100 depending on who you get it from. If you search the net you can find them much cheaper.

On a side note if you or anyone in this thread wants more of a localized forum checkout AZ HDTV Forums. I am a mod over there and we would love to have all of you. Nothing against Satguys, it is a great forum but if you want more of a local discussion about cable, OTA, or even sat come join us.

Just to throw another Iron in the fire...

When I canceled my Qwest VDSL, the CSR (I know, I know) claimed that HD & DVR was coming REAL soon. I'll have to call 'em back and see where the are at with that.

I'm still not convinced that Cox's HD package it worth spending $$ on. The big plusses are the DVR / no commitment though.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
Just to throw another Iron in the fire...

When I canceled my Qwest VDSL, the CSR (I know, I know) claimed that HD & DVR was coming REAL soon. I'll have to call 'em back and see where the are at with that.

I'm still not convinced that Cox's HD package it worth spending $$ on. The big plusses are the DVR / no commitment though.

Shawn

Shawn, I was planning on calling Qwest also. Please post what their response is. I spoke to the installer for my Qwest Choice online two months ago about it as I was bragging about my VoOm and he said that they were working on it but didn't have any details. At the time I had no concern about it since I was VoOming. He did comment on how much he was impressed with the picture.

azquadfan said:
Shawn, I was planning on calling Qwest also. Please post what their response is. I spoke to the installer for my Qwest Choice online two months ago about it as I was bragging about my VoOm and he said that they were working on it but didn't have any details. At the time I had no concern about it since I was VoOming. He did comment on how much he was impressed with the picture.

I looked at Qwest also, and did not see any HD channels listed, so I just went ahead and went to Cox. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for their HD lineup, especially with the aggressive competition that Qwest and Cox have with each other for Phone, Internet, etc. here in the Valley!

Thanks for the heads up Shawn! :yes

Qwest HD Service

I called Qwest today and the CSR told me that they would have HD service available starting in mid June. He did not have any other details as to a channel lineup, pricing, HD-DVR, etc., but he did say to watch for advertisements to start running for the new service around June 1st.

If they are aggressive with the lineup then maybe that would put even more pressure on Cox to increase their HD offerings as well. :yes

So I guess we will know more about the new service from Qwest in a couple of months or so.

I will still miss V* though. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)