Phone ID spoofing

First of all good job posting this guys Receiver ID in this story.

Second, this fraud wouldn't happen if Dish would secure their system and keep the Pakistan scammers out. That's the only way they would know the last 4 digits of his card number.

The Article said:
"We talked to Dish, and it says the company never reaches out to customers by phone, only by mail and email. They want customers to initiate the call so there's no confusion".
That's a load of baloney. Dish has called me several times over the years for various reasons, but never to sell me an upgrade. IIRC, The last time they called was during EA migration. I think the folks that have received a call from the audit Nazis department might agree as well.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
First of all good job posting this guys Receiver ID in this story.

Second, this fraud wouldn't happen if Dish would secure their system and keep the Pakistan scammers out. That's the only way they would know the last 4 digits of his card number.
That information can be obtained from the website. Funny thing though, My Verizon account, My brothers DTV account, my old Sprint account, and my Cox account all have the last 4 of my last payment made(some have more previous payments and methods). When they asked for his information, the guy could have been on chat, using the information given to reset the or access the online website. That was how it was done previously, and not sure if this is the same scam, but what you are saying is just as likely to happen to almost any major service provider, that has online access for bill pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)