Phone Insurance Rant

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Daughter dropped phone into the sink 2 months ago. I went in to Verizon and they convinced me that it was cheaper and quicker to use her available upgrade and just get a new phone and contract.

Anyway, yesterday some kid threw a backpack on top of hers (so she says) and broke the display. I went in to Verizon about the insurance and discovered the following.

First, they no longer handle the phone exchange. They did handle it 2 years ago when the other kid lost one. Had to use a website for the insurance company and they will mail one out.

Second, they charged me $45 for a replacement under the insurance. I could have bought the same phone outright for under $100 (Intensity 2), so I feel ripped off paying $7/mo for the insurance.

Nobody makes a case that is accessible and actually protects the screen. It is not a touchscreen, so it seems to me that there should be a case with a hard clear plastic protector.

Bill keeps going up. Services keep going down. I'm just very frustrated.:mad:

Ive never felt that insurance on a phone (or protection plan with sat service) was worth it for me. Chances are, you will spend enough in the monthly fee and deductible by the time something does happen to replace it anyway.

Ive never felt that insurance on a phone (or protection plan with sat service) was worth it for me. Chances are, you will spend enough in the monthly fee and deductible by the time something does happen to replace it anyway.
i felt the exact same way for years until recently when you know what happened to my wifes phone. seeing as her phone was still a pretty new model,we were looking at forking over at least $400 to get an identical one. so i learned to keep the insurance until the phone is no longer worth it. i was lucky that months later after the purchase,sprint was willing to add the insurance to the account and allow me to put in the claim. i usually don't do the insurance thing or am the guy that buys extended warranties lol. but in this case it seemed worth it to me. i am about to pull the plug again on the insurance since the phones aren't as valuable as they used to be. $4 for each phone a month seemed ok to me.

I don't buy the insurance on Verizon because the deductible is $100 and it is $10 per month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts