Phone line connection works, but no call out?

NoCenterIceNoDishNetwork

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Niagara Falls,NY
I have a 722 receiver and have a Insta Jack wireless jack system connected so a regular long phone line wouldnt be stretched across the room(tripping hazard;)) . One wireless monitor connected near the phone line outlet and the other near the 722. I have DSL filters on both of the wireless monitors and both green lights are on. I get caller ID on the screen (phone connection works) but i cannot order ppv movies and events on my TV (call out doesnt work). Whenever i run diagnostics phone connection connected and call out is failed. I need you guy's's help!

Had this happen to me, after going through with tech support we figured out that the prefix for the area code was set up wrong. For some reason it was set up to dial a 9 before the area code like you do on business phones. Might want to look at that. I don't know how it changed but it did on me. I felt really dumb after we finally figured it out. Don't know if this is your problem but it is worth a look.

On you remote hit menu 6 then 1 then 4 and go through the phone setup to make sure that the prefix box is not highlighted.

it probably has no effect, but i'm not sure you need a dsl filter on both sides. I would just put the filter on the one plugged into the outlet. The receiving side shouldn't need it. Just something to try, probably wont work, but what the hey :)

The Call Out feature only functions if the box NEEDS to call out. Your system probably doesn't need to call Dish, but will do so on its own within the next 30 days. There are a few circumstances when initiating the Call Out command will result in the box doing so. But if it reads "No Call Out Pending" then all is fine. The Call Out feature is something that, in most cases, is not necessary nor designed for the customer to control or be concerned with. It is the "Test Connection" function that you want to initiate to confirm that your phone line or broadband connection is functioning properly with the STB. If the message reads "Passed" then all is well and that is all you need to worry about NOT the Call Out feature.

The Call Out feature only functions if the box NEEDS to call out. Your system probably doesn't need to call Dish, but will do so on its own within the next 30 days. There are a few circumstances when initiating the Call Out command will result in the box doing so. But if it reads "No Call Out Pending" then all is fine. The Call Out feature is something that, in most cases, is not necessary nor designed for the customer to control or be concerned with. It is the "Test Connection" function that you want to initiate to confirm that your phone line or broadband connection is functioning properly with the STB. If the message reads "Passed" then all is well and that is all you need to worry about NOT the Call Out feature.

The OP said it wasn't letting him order ppv and events, because it won't dial out.

Problem solved. I just took out the DSL filter out of the phone line connecting to my receiver. Turns out that the DSL filter was connected to the actual phoneline connecting to the phone. So i took that out and put it in the phone jack. Now I get the reassuring "No Call out Pending".... Thanks guys for well attempting to help lol :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts