Phone line requirements

joefloyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
nc
Hey everybody!!
I'm new to Dish and new to this site. I've been searching and reading and found a lot of discussion, but cannot find the answer to my question. I'm sure it's pretty simple.
I have a 722 and a 222k receivers. Am I required to have both connected to a phone line at all times or only 1 to avoid the $5 fee. The Dishcomm doesn't work. The 722 is connected, but the 222 isn't convenient. I can pull a line across the room and connect it everyday if it can be done manually to Dish's requirements.
Thanks for your help.

The way I understood it was if the dual tuner reciever is controlling 2 TV's, the access fee for the second tv is waived if hooked to a phone line or HS internet. I have both of mine hooked to the phone line since they each have a second TV running.

They both are connected to 2 TV's. What about a manual phone in? How do you do it if you can? Anybody know?

Each needs to be connected. A phone line under the rug is easiest. If you dont have a rug there are wireless telephone adapters that work good enough for a receiver. I use one for my 622 since its in an unusual place and I dont feel like drilling holes.

"Note that starting on February 1st on your first dual tuner receiver there is no additional $5 a month fee if the box is not hooked up to a phone line or broadband, however the fee remains on all other dual tuners in the house if they are not hooked to a phoneline or broadband."

This is from the 'sticky': December 18th Dish Retailer Chat Recap

It's from Scott's 7th post.

So, which one is the first or can either be the first as long as 1 of the 2 are connected?

Log into your account at dishnetwork.com and it will list which of your receivers is the #1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts