Phone Power service outage

If you find a provider you consider better, let us know. I've had 7 or 8 so far, and this glitch by itself isn't enough to get me to move back to any of those.

Frankly, I think it would be hard to do much better - no internet-based business is immune to system failures or hacker attacks. And when you consider audio quality, features, price, and tech and sales support, my opinion is that you'd have a tough time beating PhonePower. But I'm always interested in improvement.

I agree with xgrep. This is the first outage I've had in three years. I would also guess that whatever caused the situation will be addressed. I usually get through to their tech support within a couple of minutes. Overall, very pleased with the service and features.

At approximately 7:45am PST on 5/2/12 Phone Power engineers confirmed customers were experiencing problems making or receiving calls. As of 2:47pm PST of 5/2/12 service was restored we confirmed that this was the result of an attack on our network from an unknown source. We have turned over data to the FBI who is investigating. If you are having problems with your service please power cycle your hardware. You can check our network status on https://twitter.com/#!/PPowerNetStatus

If you are still having service issues please reply to this email.

Well, well. Denial-of-service attack. Just what I suspected.

Fortunately, it's possible to implement some detection and remedial mechanisms in most high-end network systems, so I trust that PhonePower IT staff are now adequately educated (or rapidly becoming) on this.

Pretty sick world we live in. The minds that perpetrate these attacks are only a half notch above those that torture animals. No doubt they enjoyed their fun immensely. Freud knew that they simply aren't getting laid ...

Reset my box during the outage thinking it was my box. Tried to re-provision it. Now that https://provision.phonepower.com still isn't online don't have phone service. This is for a business. I am sorry, I love that the voip providers are giving century link a run for their money. PhonePower this kind of outage, no matter the reason (hackers, hardware failure) is going to cost big time. I am sure that you know that but...Please get things going. Porting my number away is going to take time. I am willing to stick with you guys but over 12 hrs of down time (currently) for me unreasonable. I would bet any other outage like this and good buy phonepower. Just my 2 cents.

Same here in Boston area, multiple accounts, all down, can't get to website to forward calls, can't get a response on support line.

I will drop the service as soon as I can figure out where to go with it.

Suggest VOIPO. Their parent company, HostGator, is a web hosting service with a half million clients. They know how to keep it up!

I was ready to give them benefit of doubt, after last Wednesday. I, too, have several years of good experience, and this is but one of a few outages.

Then it happened again today. This time only two hours, and only garbled communiciation. I tried forwarding my number (I could get web access, although slow). That didn't help, however, as the forwarded call was still garbled, apparently the routing through PP switch was enough to clobber audio, even though the call forwarded to my cell phone.

I am going to need a better explanation, and what is being done to prevent recurrence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts