Phone service is out

rhasselbaum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Ugh. Our phone service has been out two days and Verizon can't come out to fix it for another week! :mad:

How long can the 522 be unplugged from the phone line before I get charged the extra $5 for the month? Should I expect any other problems?

BTW- I also noticed recently that when I turn off both tuners, the Dual Mode LED stays lit. I've tried a front-panel reset and it only seems to help for a short while. Is this related to it not having a working phone connection? (Both problems seemed to start at the same time.)

Our phone was out for almost a week while we were on vacation. We didn't get charged a $5 fee so you may be OK. You'll just get a nag message.

When I setup, they told me to call them if phone service ever went out at home. I'd do it even if service was only out for a day just to be on the safe side. The last thing you want is to have to argue over a $5 fee.

DNS only sends a hit to your receiver once a month usually before the next billing cycle. If you get charged just give them a call and tell them you accidently disconnected or something along those lines. They should credit your 5 bucks back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)