Phone vs. ethernet...does it matter?

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
When hooking up the 722, does it matter if one connects it to ethernet vs. phone? I can do either easy enough. Is it just to 'phone home'?

I do not have a land line (only cell phone). I already had a wireless network, so all I needed was a 50ft ethernet cable to be able to get rid of the land line. Saved $30 month, plus long distant calls are free with cell phone (Nextel).

I notice in the product guides for the receivers all seem to indicate that the ethernet connection is for future use. Has this connection now been enabled? If I go with DISH, I won't have a landline phone, just cell phones. But I will have broadband.

Does the ethernet connection allow you to receive Dish On Demand programming?

I notice in the product guides for the receivers all seem to indicate that the ethernet connection is for future use.
How long have you had your receiver ? I've no idea if they update their manuals but the ethernet connection has worked for what, a year now ?

I use both, so I can get CallerID for my landline. I have a landline because neither the mobile phone services nor cable broadband offer quality service where I live.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)