Phonex Easy Jack 2 & Caller ID

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Moved recently, no phone line near our 522. Bought the phonex easy jack 2, mainly because my wife and I really missed not having caller ID displaying on the screen when someone calls.
The easy jack states it is "caller ID compatible" however it will not display caller ID info on our screen. (yes, i have caller ID enabled) the caller ID box displays but it says something along the lines of "no info".
Does the fact the easy jack says it is caller ID compatible simply mean when you plug a phone into the "phone out" of the base unit that the caller ID functions on the phone but has nothing to do with the actual receiver being able to display caller ID info?
I did the dial out diagnostic, and the easy jack functions fine for that. I am just bummed it would seem that it is indeed not compatible for supplying caller ID info to the receiver.

Does anyone have the easy jack and it DOES display caller ID on the TV?

in actuality its the dish receiver that displays the caller id. the jack is supplying the phone line, not the caller id. at any rate you moved, do you have a new phone company?
dumb question but do you HAVE caller id?
i have also noticed that the dish receivers and phonex dont seem to like certain telcos. dont know the quirks with easy jack.

We did move, and it is in fact a new phone company, we do subscribe to caller ID service. I ran a phone line direct from the nearest phone jack to the receiver and the caller ID operates perfectly, thus my blaming it on the easy jack.
Now, if only I could convince my wife that having a 30' phone line through the middle of the living room is a good idea :)

I will probably just have to bite the bullet, crawl under the house and run a phone line.

right. sounds like the case.
one more thing. are either of the easyjacks plugged into a power strip or gfi outlet. trying different outlets may make them work.

I just wanted to follow up on this topic I posted in case anyone in the future does a post search for wireless phone jacks.

Realizing I was not sure when I was going to get around to running a phone line I decided I might as well go ahead and hook up the phonex wireless jack again and just deactivate the receiver call ID. So I hooked up the wireless jack again the other day. When I was done just for the heck of it I did a receiver "dial out" diagnostic instead of the "connection" diagnostic I had done before and a screen briefly came up stating something about updating the smart card; whether related or not, or it is some other factor in play, ever since then the receiver caller ID displays fine and displays both name and numbers. So all said and done, I do recommend the phonex easy jack for people who need it, it works well and as advertised.

one other thing I've never seen anybody mention but I've found to be true. Is that the hot and the neutral need to be on the corresponding prongs on the modules. Meaning if one is pointing up and the down(in respect to the ground prong) they may not function. This is a real pain in older homes with two wire wiring (no ground prong) and the out lets are just thrown in at random.

I just wanted to follow up on this topic I posted in case anyone in the future does a post search for wireless phone jacks.

Realizing I was not sure when I was going to get around to running a phone line I decided I might as well go ahead and hook up the phonex wireless jack again and just deactivate the receiver call ID. So I hooked up the wireless jack again the other day. When I was done just for the heck of it I did a receiver "dial out" diagnostic instead of the "connection" diagnostic I had done before and a screen briefly came up stating something about updating the smart card; whether related or not, or it is some other factor in play, ever since then the receiver caller ID displays fine and displays both name and numbers. So all said and done, I do recommend the phonex easy jack for people who need it, it works well and as advertised.

its so simple i forgot to mention.
but just unplugging them for a second and plugging in again sometimes makes them work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts