Picked up a couple of Minnesota TV stations in Carrollton, MO, this morning (8/5/2022)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Route66Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2019
Missouri
This morning (8/5/2022), I received a couple of TV stations from Minnesota (KCCW-TV, Walker, MN & WUCW-TV, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN.). KCCW-TV, at about 525mi, is, as far as I can remember, the farthest TV station I've received via tropo with an HDHomerun tuner (KHSV-TV, Las Vegas, NV (1197mi) is the farthest that I've received, with a HDHomerun tuner, via E-skip.).
TVDX8-5-2022.png

Interesting that you got KCCW as KEYC Mankato is closer to your location (and also on RF12). It’s pretty much between KCCW and your location

But then again KEYC was at lower power (or some interference) last night (it’s my local CBS/FOX station)

Interesting that you got KCCW as KEYC Mankato is closer to your location (and also on RF12). It’s pretty much between KCCW and your location

But then again KEYC was at lower power (or some interference) last night (it’s my local CBS/FOX station)
KCCW may have been interfering with them. I have also picked up KEYC in the past.

I sometimes do a scan in the early morning this time of year. It often fills most of the channels with stations from MN, ND, sometimes SD, and WI. Not uncommon to get 100 channels, but most are duplicates of maybe 15 actual RF channels that happen to have the same programming at different sites.
I think DXing actually works better with digital signals than analog. Somertimes I get DX stations coming in so well they overpower some of the locals.
Can certainly tell when the band drops out, sometimes within 5 minutes it all disappears. Best time seems to be about an hour after sunrise up here, but evenings can be good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)