Pics of the system after adding the Sub-12 and Denon AVR-1909

Sweet! I see that shiny new Pioneer 1018 sitting there ;)

Well, Dark Knight was great and the bass was tighter than Ive seen so far. The sub was also not too loud at -2.0db's, so Im guessing the booming effect was giving me the impression it was overly loud before, and I was adjusting it down.

yep. thanks for recommending it :up

Very cool to hear about the outcome elway. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.

Well, I promised to take pictures of mine. I simply haven't had time, between work and trying to do dinner, help with homework, scouts, etc.

Anyway, just took a couple. Didn't get a chance to straighten up. I notice kids have moved the left speaker so it isn't toed in anymore. I still want to move the sub away from the hallway.

You can see what I meant about receiver on open shelf. Heat simply isn't an issue.

jay_main.JPG

Here are a couple of the rears. You can see how the dipoles are only a foot or so off the rear wall and are up high. You can also see what I meant about clearing the door.

jay_rears.JPG
jay_rear_detail.JPG

This is how I dealt with a rental house and no room for a dedicated theater room.

Well, I promised to take pictures of mine. I simply haven't had time, between work and trying to do dinner, help with homework, scouts, etc.

Anyway, just took a couple. Didn't get a chance to straighten up. I notice kids have moved the left speaker so it isn't toed in anymore. I still want to move the sub away from the hallway.

You can see what I meant about receiver on open shelf. Heat simply isn't an issue.

jay_main.JPG

Here are a couple of the rears. You can see how the dipoles are only a foot or so off the rear wall and are up high. You can also see what I meant about clearing the door.

jay_rears.JPG
jay_rear_detail.JPG

This is how I dealt with a rental house and no room for a dedicated theater room.

Those rears look nice. I also have the rental-home problem but I think my living room is a bit larger. How did you mount those up? I have some JBL Stadium 6" bookshelves that I'd like to mount but they have no brackets on the back.

Those rears look nice. I also have the rental-home problem but I think my living room is a bit larger. How did you mount those up? I have some JBL Stadium 6" bookshelves that I'd like to mount but they have no brackets on the back.

Those speakers have a keyhole bracket on the back. I used a 50 pound wall anchor and screwed it in for a tight fit. I then mounted rubber feet on the back of the speaker. I made sure the wall bracket provided a compression fit and pressed the speaker against the wall while sliding it down.

The speakers also had 1/4" threaded inserts which could be used with a bracket that would bolt to the studs, but I tried this first and it worked.

I have seen screw on keyhole brackets at specialty woodworking shops.

I did not know it before, but the last battle in transformers is freakin demo material. The sq is excellent, and the bass is plenty. My sub hit a new low when Ironhide did his missle handspring over the lady sitting in the street. I was like WTF?? :D

i'm working on these two things now.they still need more work:

IMG_0583.JPGIMG_0584.JPG

it has my two surround speakers with lights attached to a dimmer with remote. still have to paint over the flat wire and work on the finish.

this other picture has a unit in the bedroom that is for storing clothes put it also has a plasma hanging on to a door that opens with the dvd player and the directv receiver hidden behind the door. I still have to work on this unit and better organize the wiring behind the door.

IMG_0593.JPGIMG_0594.JPG

i'm working on these two things now.they still need more work:

View attachment 32847View attachment 32848

it has my two surround speakers with lights attached to a dimmer with remote. still have to paint over the flat wire and work on the finish.

this other picture has a unit in the bedroom that is for storing clothes put it also has a plasma hanging on to a door that opens with the dvd player and the directv receiver hidden behind the door. I still have to work on this unit and better organize the wiring behind the door.

View attachment 32849View attachment 32850

Love the bedroom setup.:up

Ok, my turn to showoff my 1909.......

CIMG1936.jpg

From left to right: PS3, HD-A2, Denon 1909, D* H20, Blu-Ray/ HD DVD Collection

CIMG1944.jpg

From the captains chair. 16:9, 92" screen. Seating distance: 10' :eek:

CIMG1950.jpg

CIMG1951.jpg

Not your ordinary theater chairs....

CIMG1921.jpg

Thanks guys. This was the result of a summer project in the summer of '07. Did the entire room on a limited budget ($5k).

See the build thread on AVS HERE if interested.

So far, the only thing I've upgraded was the receiver. I'll probably upgrade the speakers at some point, but the sound produced by these Polks are more than adequate for my small room (10' x 18' x 7').

The wife and I still get great joy from the room. I'm still in awe of the whole HT experience every time we watch a new flick. By far, the best investment I've made to the house yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)