Picture freezes and 722K restarts itself?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AndreaxMarie

Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
New York
I had a Dish Network Dish and DVR 722K installed today. Everything seemed fine at first and as soon as the tech left, the picture froze and the box shut off and started up again on its own. About every 10-15 minutes it has been doing that, so I had another tech come. He messed with the dish, and said it should have fixed the problem. Then it happened AGAIN and he came back to change the wires and the box. (He said I have perfect signal.) If I experience this problem again, what should I tell the NEXT tech to do?? My electrical outlet is fine for everything else plugged into it, so I don't see why there is still a problem. :(

Please help

~Andres

Power strip?

I had a Dish Network Dish and DVR 722K installed today. Everything seemed fine at first and as soon as the tech left, the picture froze and the box shut off and started up again on its own. About every 10-15 minutes it has been doing that, so I had another tech come. He messed with the dish, and said it should have fixed the problem. Then it happened AGAIN and he came back to change the wires and the box. (He said I have perfect signal.) If I experience this problem again, what should I tell the NEXT tech to do?? My electrical outlet is fine for everything else plugged into it, so I don't see why there is still a problem. :(

Please help

~Andres

Are you plugging it into a power strip? If so try plugging straight into wall. Some of the power strips don't play nice with the VIP's.

I had two do this and they had to be replaced. #3 still going strong. At first, I thought it was software, but it was apparently a hardware issue. My temps were great, so it was not heat related.

This happened to me on my 722 just last night, and it also happened on my 722K a week ago, and before that two weeks ago, but I forget if it was the 722 or the "K." In each case, it rebooted and behaved since. However, after having read the response, I hope mine don't go all out nuts and keep rebooting.

VIP receivers are voltage sensetive. if the voltage to the receiver is lower than 118 constant or dips below 118v it can cause signal lose or reboot ,ame goes for constant voltage above 125v or spikes above 125v .normal houisehold voltage is in the 120 range but for what ever reason flutuations between outlets do occur.

VIP receivers are voltage sensetive. if the voltage to the receiver is lower than 118 constant or dips below 118v it can cause signal lose or reboot ,ame goes for constant voltage above 125v or spikes above 125v .normal houisehold voltage is in the 120 range but for what ever reason flutuations between outlets do occur.

mine have been acting wierd, perhaps low voltage explains it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts