Picture is jittery

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kcolg30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
earth
While watching TNT I noticed that TV1 the picture is fine, however when I switch to TV2 and put on TNT the picture will be jittery. It only happens on TNT. It is a 722K and rebooting it does not fix it.

Any ideas

bad modulator

While watching TNT I noticed that TV1 the picture is fine, however when I switch to TV2 and put on TNT the picture will be jittery. It only happens on TNT. It is a 722K and rebooting it does not fix it.

Any ideas

Sounds like 1 of 2 things. Are you watching it on another TV not in the main room? I have a feeling that there is line loss and may need a line amp. Other possible thing could be that the channel you are on has OTA interference from a digital channel. See if changing the channel that is outputting from unit works better if you switch it to another channel. Look up what channels are really braodcast and be sure you are a couple away from those.

Sounds like 1 of 2 things. Are you watching it on another TV not in the main room? I have a feeling that there is line loss and may need a line amp. Other possible thing could be that the channel you are on has OTA interference from a digital channel. See if changing the channel that is outputting from unit works better if you switch it to another channel. Look up what channels are really braodcast and be sure you are a couple away from those.

The receiver is setup in single mode and I do not have an OTA module.

single node

The receiver is setup in single mode and I do not have an OTA module.

Single mode here makes no difference. So it is only on TNT? Then it sounds like that they are doing something that is over driving the NTSC of the output of the RF modulator. That's the device that takes the signal and converts it to output the picture over TV channels.

Overheating can result in a jittery picture while audio is fine. Sometimes changing channels or pause/restart/rewind will fix it. You can check the 722s temp in Menu>6>1> (I believe it is 3) >counters. Scroll through the list until you find the Temps. Mine was reading as high as 129 when my picture was jittery. I moved the DVR to a location with better ventilation and placed it on 4 tall bottle caps. Has not happened since moving.

In my OP I made a typo. It was not TV1/TV2. I meant to say tuner1 and tuner2 while in single mode.

just confirming

That's what he said in his original post....

Just trying to confirm it is only TNT and not other channels on the same polarity of the sat. We had someone say he was only having problems with a channel and then after getting him to check further it turned out to be all odd numbered channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)