Picture issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have had direct for two weeks now; hr34 and three hr25 receivers. Sometimes the video will pause a few seconds then play, pause again then play. It will do this until I change the channel. The audio continues to play normally when it does this. What would cause this? I am starting to get aggravated after my 4 day install; one day to install it and three days for the tech to figure out that my whole home dvr wasn't working correctly because he plugged the power inserter into a strip instead of the wall outlet.

#1 question: is this happening on ALL your receivers?

what channels so we can see if anyone is having it.

post your signal strengths.

can you post what firmware versions each unit is running?

I have just noticed it on the hr34, but the others are not watched that much. It did it on hbo around 4 or 5 this morning, don't recall the other channels I have seen this on. I checked signal strengths and they all looked good. I will get the firmware versions in the morning.

I have had direct for two weeks now; hr34 and three hr25 receivers. Sometimes the video will pause a few seconds then play, pause again then play. It will do this until I change the channel. The audio continues to play normally when it does this. What would cause this? I am starting to get aggravated after my 4 day install; one day to install it and three days for the tech to figure out that my whole home dvr wasn't working correctly because he plugged the power inserter into a strip instead of the wall outlet.

What's wrong with the power inserter using a power strip? That's how mine is and it works fine. As long as the power strip is on, it should be all good.

digiblur said:
What's wrong with the power inserter using a power strip? That's how mine is and it works fine. As long as the power strip is on, it should be all good.

No, not true. Being a service tech I see this WAY TOO MUCH! Power strips and Directv are enemies like no other. Power inserters, receivers, broadband and wifi deca's all have issues on strips. Now I'm not saying EVERY box or equipment have issues but it something happens all to often. I don't know if there is a voltage drop or spike or what happens but I've seen 771A and MRV not work with power inserters being in power strips

No, not true. Being a service tech I see this WAY TOO MUCH! Power strips and Directv are enemies like no other. Power inserters, receivers, broadband and wifi deca's all have issues on strips. Now I'm not saying EVERY box or equipment have issues but it something happens all to often. I don't know if there is a voltage drop or spike or what happens but I've seen 771A and MRV not work with power inserters being in power strips

Yeah the installer said he needed to plug it in the wall directly. I told him tough luck next to the HR34. I told him to put it in the other room by the H25 and he could plug it in the wall. But he said no, this should work. We plugged in the broadband deca right next to it as well (on a different piece of coax I had at the some location).

software version on the HR34 (only receiver that I have seen this issue) is 0x4cd, Tue 3/6, 10:06a

had the 34 installed this past weekend the 10th, picture goes out and on again on any given channel. have not received the firmware upgrade as of yet. when it was installed this past weekend,i had the new firmware but a couple of hours later it was gone. h25 has it. any thoughts?...regards

had the 34 installed this past weekend the 10th, picture goes out and on again on any given channel. have not received the firmware upgrade as of yet. when it was installed this past weekend,i had the new firmware but a couple of hours later it was gone. h25 has it. any thoughts?...regards

The national release firmware on the HR34 doesn't have the new guide yet. Only the CE releases do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts