Picture not centered on HDMI output

specialspammailbox

Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
I've noticed that my picture is not centered on my HD34 dish monitor with my Vip622 PVR using HDMI output. It's shifted noticeably to the left. The left bar is 1/2 the width of the right bar. The channel numbers in the guide are off the left side as well. Using the Cmp input, it's perfectly centered. My 921 had an adjustment for shifting the picture under preferences, but I can't find it on the 622. Is there an adjustment?

If I adjust the TV, it will be shifted off center when I use DVD or other inputs besides the PVR.

The HD34 has a DVI input, so the Dish Installers used an HDMI to DVI (for video only) adapter. That also leaves me short an audio output for my audio amp.

Just got the 622 yesterday and have been reading posts, but can't find one for this specific problem.

Thanks,

Mike

Vip622 L366
Installation Date 3-18-07

When I had dish, my 211 did the same thing on both my TV sets with the HDMI output. Nothing I did ever fixed it, so I ended up using the component jacks as the left shift really annoyed me. I too found myself wishing the 211 had the same picture adjustment the 921 had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)