Picture overstretched on tv2

jpesc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
I'm unable to fix the picture on tv2, no matter what how I set it, but usually the scrolling as in the news, or station logo is either hidden or cutoff on the side or bottom, TV1 is fine, tv1 is attached to 622 via HDMI, tv2 is also hd but using the tv2 out on the 622, vip is set as 1080i and 16x9, what could be wrong? Also the guide on tv2 is ghosty.

You did try the "format" button on your 622 remote, correct? It's on the far lower left - I think on the "*" key. Hit it multiple times to cycle through all the choices.

The ghosting could be a bad/loose connection in your coax setup, a defective RF connection into your TV, a cheap splitter, too many splitters, bad cable, some interference, or some other cause. For interference you could try changing the modulation frequency (the "channel") of the TV2 output.

Is this on all channels, or just HD channels? If it's only on HD channels I don't think there's anything you can do about it. This is how the HD channels are on my TV2, but the regular channels are fine. This is due to the TV2 output is not in HD, including the HD channels.

It happens on all channels, the format button on the remote all it does is move the screen between Normal and Letterbox, bot the picture size does not rezise, the scroll bars or writing is still cutoff.

What is your TV set on? I have to have it on normal and then use the 622 to change format.

I'm unable to fix the picture on tv2, no matter what how I set it, but usually the scrolling as in the news, or station logo is either hidden or cutoff on the side or bottom, TV1 is fine, tv1 is attached to 622 via HDMI, tv2 is also hd but using the tv2 out on the 622, vip is set as 1080i and 16x9, what could be wrong? Also the guide on tv2 is ghosty.

Try this it might help.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/126361-how-make-tv2-have-better-picture.html

What kind of tv is your tv hooked up to tv2? I have an lcd that I change the format on to make tv2 output work properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)