Picture Quality- Model 2700 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kwinn4859

Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
New England
I am currently using an older Model 2700 receiver and watching my Dish service on a plasma HDTV. Obviously the picture quality is not the greatest, but it's viewable. For various reasons I am not able to upgrade to Dish HD service.

Would buying the newest standard (non-HD) receiver greatly improve the picture quality? Or is there little difference based on the receiver itself?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

I am currently using an older Model 2700 receiver and watching my Dish service on a plasma HDTV. Obviously the picture quality is not the greatest, but it's viewable. For various reasons I am not able to upgrade to Dish HD service.

Would buying the newest standard (non-HD) receiver greatly improve the picture quality? Or is there little difference based on the receiver itself?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!
Dish is going to upgrade your antique 2700 receiver probably within the next year. They will be upgrading the signal to a different broadcast standard that the 2700 can't receive. I don't know of any reason you can't upgrade to a HD receiver a VIP 211 will work with your existing system and upconvert the SD channels. Now an address of New England probably means Eastern Arc would be necessary for HD reception.

As above, I would really recommend fixing the problem preventing you from going to an HD receiver for your HDTV. But if you really can't get HD programming, then the answer is "probably not".

I've owned a 4900, a 301, a 111, a 311, a 501, and a 625 before I went HD. The s-video and composite outputs were damn close in PQ for all these receivers. If you are actually watching the RF output of your 2700 :eek:, then my subjective estimation of those outputs is that the 301, the 501 and the 625 (and also my HD 722) RF outputs were squatulent compared to my 4900. I suspect that Dish installs cheaper and cheaper RF modulators into duo receivers in particular, to save money while checking off a 'necessary" box for a feature (they think) nobody uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)