picture quality of 211 for sd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ww2154

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
How is the pq for sd with the 211. I have the 811 and the pq for sd is not very good.

Just wanted to chime in with something I found out last night.

I have been using the component cables that came with the 811 for about a month(Got dish the day after christmas) and the picture qaulity for both HD and SD was not near as good as a previous HD reciever that I had(with a different company). I figured it was just the 811, but last night, I hooked the 811 up to my TV with the crappy/cheap component cables that came with my other HD reciever, and the picture qaulity for both HD and SD drastically improved, so much so, that it is even better then it is with the old HD reciever(I had them both hooked up, and was comparing PQ).

So, I don't know if most of the people that are complaining about the PQ on the 811 are using the cables that came with it, or what... I was, just because I assumed that because the cables were so thick, they would be better then the cheap ones that I already had. BOY WAS I WRONG.

So far I think the pq on the 211 is pretty good. Better than the 811 in my opinion. But it still depends on the channel you are watching. Some will look better than others. One I thought looked particularly good was the NBCOlympics highlight channel.

Very pleased with PQ on 211. Much better than previous 6000. Am using the same component cables that I used with the 6000. Watched Superbowl in SD. Had three ABC SD choices from Dish: Colorado Springs, NY and LA. LA was sending the best picture.

I have both the 411 and 811 and did some A-B comparing and to my eyes SD on the 411 is better than the 811 however, the latest S/W update (P3.34) to the 811 really washed out the picture (black levels were messed with and my picture got too bright) so a true comparison for me is difficult, especially since I use and ISF calibrated projector and can't adjust black levels on my component input.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)