Picture Quality Of Local Channel - Richmond VA

loudbmw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I'm in Richmond VA and get all my local channels via Dish on a Hopper 3.
Recently NBC12 started experiencing high levels of pixelation with every scene change or fast motion. Live viewing or DVR makes no difference.
None of my other locals or any other satellite channels exhibit this. Signal strength is good and no obstructions.

Any better number to call besides normal customer service?

Thanks, Lou

Good luck. CH 4 in the Quad Cities, Ch 7 (Fox) in the Columbus, IH market last time I was there and various others around the US have this issue at times.

Recently NBC12 started experiencing high levels of pixelation with every scene change or fast motion. Live viewing or DVR makes no difference.
None of my other locals or any other satellite channels exhibit this. Signal strength is good and no obstructions.

Thanks, Lou
Hi, Lou. That definitely sounds frustrating. It does look like it is a known issue and our Engineer Team is aware of the video distortion on NBC out of Richmond, VA. They will be actively working on resolving the issue with the channel owner. If ever you would like to chat with our tech support team, feel free to click on this link: Direct Chat.

Thanks, Lou
Hi, Lou. That definitely sounds frustrating. It does look like it is a known issue and our Engineer Team is aware of the video distortion on NBC out of Richmond, VA. They will be actively working on resolving the issue with the channel owner. If ever you would like to chat with our tech support team, feel free to click on this link: Direct Chat.
See Dish knew about it.:):happydance

Reactions: charlesrshell