Picture Quality

Iceberg said:
Something isnt right in their response

Quad Cities are on SuperDish
Duluth is on Dish 500 (and not even available yet...grrrrrrrrrr)

Quad Cities and Ft Smith, AR are on the same transponder

(shrug) I know next to nothing about that. I only know that a couple of weeks ago (because of the nudging of you guys here in the forum), I wrote an e-mail to the dishquality@echostar.com e-mail address addressing my concerns about picture quality on my local channels. About a day or two after an automated response, I received a direct reply stating that "Our Broadcast Operations Center have confirmed your concerns of picture
quality for the Davenport, Iowa area networks and are working on a solution
at this time."

I had initially brushed off that response as a canned response and didn't think much more about it.... until I decided it might be a good idea to write them back asking for a more specific answer as to what the problem was and when I can expect a solution. I wrote that reply on the 25th. Then I received the e-mail from my last post just today.

However, a few days ago I noticed that the picture quality on my locals had improved to the point of being nearly equal to the national channels. I'm not sure which day I noticed it, but I wrote about it here yesterday before getting the e-mail reply from DishQuality. To be specific, the picture seems much less compressed than it did before. Before, the local channels were blotchy, jagged, and looked much like MPG2 video that I have worked with on my PC that has a lot of compression. Not unwatchable, but certainly no where near the quality of the rest of the national channels.

So again, I'm not sure what they did or when exactly they did it, but it's clear they changed something. Whether my initial e-mail had any effect on making this happen, I have no idea... But I do have to give them credit.

Travis

Iceberg said:
Something isnt right in their response

Quad Cities are on SuperDish
Duluth is on Dish 500 (and not even available yet...grrrrrrrrrr)

Quad Cities and Ft Smith, AR are on the same transponder
What's your source for the feed locations and how up-to-date is it?

I would suspect that Dish just moved them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts