Pictures from new arena.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here are pics of the new hockey arena, I might go Sunday for a look at practice, free to the public and might be the only chance to get in there.

HockeyBuzz.com - Tom Mast - CONSOL Energy Center Photos

Nice looking arena but it is an exact replica of the Xcel Engery Center for the Minnesota Wild. I can see why they would do it considering the Xcel Center is commonly referred to as the nicest arena in the NHL.

Even though there are some similar traits I wouldn't say EXACT replica. There are some Pittsburgh differences.

All I got to say is, " It's about TIME" ..... :up

They've needed and talked about a new place for many years.

Of course the Red Wings have talked about remodelling or building new for a while now as well, but it seems like 10-15 years now for the Pens.

Congrats and enjoy. :)

Nice pictures.

Now off-topic:

I now know that I have a new pet peeve. The name of the arena naming rights sponsor is CONSOL Energy. (All caps). In a less politically correct era the company was the Consolidation Coal Company. CONSOL is properly pronounced just like you were saying the word consolidation and stopping half-way through. CON-saul. It does NOT rhyme with counsel or with console. The local Pittsburgh media gets it, but the out-of-towners are already mangling it. Lord knows what the Canadians will do with it.

Even though there are some similar traits I wouldn't say EXACT replica. There are some Pittsburgh differences.
Yeah, Stanley Cup banners. ;)

bannersu.jpg

I wished I would have went to the Igloo before they stopped playing there.

And build ........ a Parking Lot ?

The Penguins have since modified the concept. The latest draft, finished in February, proposes 1,200 units of housing, 605,550 square feet of office space, 254,750 square feet of commercial space, 5.8 acres of open space and 2,336 parking spaces.

In addition, the team envisions a 150-room medium- to high-end hotel on the site. The housing could feature a mix of apartments, townhouses, and single-family homes. The team hopes to develop some units that are affordable to younger, more moderate-income people.

Civic Arena site may take years to develop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts