Piece of %^&* 622

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I set my 622 to record the Seahawks game today, then we went out to do some errands. I come home at 4:30(recording was scheduled from 1-5pm), notice the red light isn't on. It didn't record it at all. :mad: It was listed in the schedule, all settings correct, it just decided not to start for some reason. GRRR! I know they lost anyway now but that's not the point. Anyone else have this kind of prob.? The only thing that was a little diff about this is the chan I was going to record from my off air ant. It still should have worked though.

Brad

I have NEVER had that happen.

If you go into your DVR button and bring up the list of the day's recording, what does it show for the game that it missed? Skipped? Was there a priority conflict?

This is a current problem with some 622 receivers. There is no current fix for it. Receiver replacement is the only current option. I'm sure that after they get enough receivers returned for this problem, they will fix it.

Happened once on mine. I hard rebooted the box after that and it's been fairly reliable since then except for some audio sync issues noticed on recorded events lately.

I have NEVER had that happen.

If you go into your DVR button and bring up the list of the day's recording, what does it show for the game that it missed? Skipped? Was there a priority conflict?

At 4:30 it looked like a timer that hadn't reached its time yet, no skip or priority prob.

This is a current problem with some 622 receivers. There is no current fix for it. Receiver replacement is the only current option.

guess i'll see if it happens again be nice if the would get externall HD archiving going so I could back up my saved stuff before getting a new one.

Thanks,
Brad

I've been having a problem where the 622 isn't recording my program. I have a program set to record at noon each day. The last couple of weeks, the recorder skipped a day. I went to the schedule, and everything is set up properly.

This is a current problem with some 622 receivers. There is no current fix for it. Receiver replacement is the only current option. I'm sure that after they get enough receivers returned for this problem, they will fix it.

Since when are software issues grounds to replace a unit? A software push on the timers will likely resolve this issue. Playing receiver roulette is one way to go...if you're feeling lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)