Pioneer SIR-PNR 1

bcope9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Thomson, GA
Does anyone know just how backward compatible this is in terms of PNP to older XM ready units, mine is an '03 model and would rather have Sirius than XM at this point since I have Sirius on DISH. Thanks for any info.

bcope9 said:
Does anyone know just how backward compatible this is in terms of PNP to older XM ready units, mine is an '03 model and would rather have Sirius than XM at this point since I have Sirius on DISH. Thanks for any info.

I was told that '03 models would be fine, but I would still doble check with Pioneer or Sirius. :)

I believe that the press release stated it would work with XM ready receivers back to 2001. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere..

That would be great for anyone that don't want XM but likes the Pioneer CD players, so as soon as I can I try to order one to "TEST" to see if it will work. My store already sells Sirius PNP kits and Pioneer, but I have found more people like the hardware pricing on Sirius than XM, we used to sell it awhile ago. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)