PIP on VIP622

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Does anyone else remember hearing on the last tech chat on E, that on 12/1 the new split screen PIP enhancement would take effect? No changes yet and it's Dec.2nd.

They didn't give a date. They said with the next software release. My guess is Jan or Feb

As soon as they get done disabling the support for external USB hard drives and removing the fix for the pause bug, both of which were also in that as-yet-unreleased version. :)

I have a 211 receiver, the remote has a pip button, but I'll be darned if I know what it is for. Can someone enlighten me ? I have a Sony Bravia LCD with the Dish 211 receiver and an OAA mounted for local HD reception. Thanks in advance. I am new to this forum and learned so much reading the posts here.

I have a 211 receiver, the remote has a pip button, but I'll be darned if I know what it is for. Can someone enlighten me ? I have a Sony Bravia LCD with the Dish 211 receiver and an OAA mounted for local HD reception. Thanks in advance. I am new to this forum and learned so much reading the posts here.
For cost reduction and inventory simplification your 211 remote is probably the same remote that is used with the 622. The 211 is only a single tuner STB so it can't do PIP.

well i have the new pip in my 522 but not the 622

the side by side on a 4/:3 TV sucks as i knew it would

I did not try it on my HD set

I also hate the way you get to the dish on demand(still). I have yet to look but the pip needs user settings like i dont want to click 3 times to get the pip clear
kick me if i missed it

i see that 1 click of the swap button goes right to side/side

That I see as a better way to access vs a third click of the pip button

I also see 30 sec skip is better among other bugs the last two updates put in my 522

D* Sale, E* Merger, D* Growth, more

Audio Problem With Locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)