Pip problem HELP!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Pip is something I dont used that often but will from time to time...

Last night I had my Hopper on and it had the football game on...when I hit the red button it came up as nba league pass channel lost signal on the second tuner...

I could not click on it and not switch to it to change the channel...it is just a blue screen that says searching for signal

When I record 2 shows it takes it off the channel and I can do what I want but when a free tuner become available, the nba league pass ch 470 comes back up

When I access if from joey a black screen comes up and says push channel guide to switch channels or to restart your joey...i hit the red button 3 times and checked this morning...same thing

For some reason one tuner is stuck on this channel and wont switch on the hopper

Anyone can help me please???

Thanks in advance

-Ash-

Have you tried pressing and holding the front panel red reset button to reboot the box? If that doesn't fix it,I would run a checkswitch test to make sure you are getting signal on all three tuners. Menu-Settings-Diagnostics-Pont Dish-Checkswitch-Test. If only two tuners show up after the test then you probably need to get a technician out.

the red button was pushed twice...if you go to that channel on any other hopper or joey you dont see that message...only on the pip channel on one of the hoppers

I like the checkswitch idea because there may be an underlying problem with the signal. I would also try to record 2 things then switch to that tuner via the red button then stop recording and change the channel. This may force the tuner to default to this new channel instead of 470.

I recorded espn, nfl and hbo...stopped espn and nfl and then tuners were hbo...espn..available...then when i went to available it took me back to espn...then when i hit pip...the 470 blue aquire signal ch comes back

no...when a joey access the channel it comes up a black screen and says program guide not found change channel...it can be changed then...just when a free tuner becomes available and i click pip...it comes up...you are not able to switch or click on the tuner after hitting the red button

when you go to ch 470 on any other hopper or receiver it comes up check back soon for your favorite sports team...for some reason when a free tuner is available...it goes back to the nba league pass ch 470 lost signal...i can pull pip u small large side by side just cant switch

also ran check switch and all are green

Press pip then press swap if needed to bring channel 470 lost signal to foreground and if you cannot bring up guide to change channel try pressing the red reset button at this point with the pip window still open.

Last idea that I have is to unplug hopper and all joeys that are linked to it, then just plug in the hopper and see if it still has pip problem.

UPDATE: ... As of last night a free tuner was available...i hit it and it sent me to 154...i hit the red button and low and behold i had 140 and 154 were both on the hopper...somehow the hopper finally started working, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)