PIP Question: Can I watch two network stations at the same time?

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi all, can I watch a football game on Fox and CBS at the same time using PIP? If not, can I do it using the external OTA tuner? Thanks, Alan Rovner

With VIP series receivers you can do that with the receiver in single mode. The Hopper you can do that as long as there is a tuner for each station. The OTA load those channels into the receiver and it has its own tuner for the OTA.

The Hopper you can do that as long as there is a tuner for each station
Is a 2nd tuner is needed. Even though it's not necessarily between 8pm and 11pm, won't the PTAT functionality still be used ? This is because the "locals" should be on the same transponder.

I do it all the time . I watch football on Sundays on CBS and FOX at the same time. This only uses 1 tuner. That leaves 2 tuners and the OTA tuner available to others in the house. I can also use OTA as one of the PIP tuners and a non OTA channel on the other. This is because there is only one OTA tuner allowed on a Hopper.

Is the side by side PIP in HD, so you can read the jersey numbers on their backs when the ball is snapped. I will try it Saturday and Sunday.

The only time I could see you affected then, would be if you had slight signal loss, and it reverted to the SD equivalent.