Piss Poor Customer Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davinci78

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Tallahassee, FL
Dish may have lost a potential customer if they can't rectify the situation they've created. I signed up on Feb 2 for the dvr advantage with hd, they contacted they're local installer and he came by the house when no one was home and cancelled the order because HE said No Line Of Sight. Dish called ME back on the 6th trying to reschedule, which made me think they were a pretty good outfit. The guy I talked to on the 6th was an american, made every effort to make sure I understood what I was getting, what I could get etc. He made the appt. for today, from 12-5 pm. I stayed home all day waiting. No one shows, no phone call, nothing.. I just got off the phone with a lady apparantly from India, and all she could tell me was the order was cancelled, she showed an appt. for the 8th. That wasn't the date I set up, and even if someone stopped by the 8th, they didnt' leave a note in the mail box like last time telling me they were here and could get no line of sight. I know if someone went into my backyard they could get a line of sight, but from the front yard it looks like there would be none.

I need to search for that CEO email and let em know what I think. Jesus, I just want to get away from Comcrap! Maybe I need to call D* and see if they're installers are any more competent and timely.

I only read the title, not your post and all I can say is "duh." Everyone knows that DirecTV has the best customer service and Dish is not sure what customers are ........ I am with Dish for now, I am waiting for a good HD DVR (not from a satellite provider) and then I'll be back with DirecTV in June.

We keep paying higher prices, but CS goes further south. Buncha BS!

And since so much CS is now outsourced to India, it makes it even worse. It used to be if you called United Airlines, you got someone in Chicago; you called Dish, you got someone in Denver; you called Gateway 2000 (ok, I am dating myself here), you got somebody in the Dakota, not anymore... :D

IT is called O-U-T-S-O-U-R-C-I-N-G JOBS. The genie is out of the bottle and there is no turning back now. We can never go back to the way it was before NAFTA treaty was signed. We now have a global economy instead of a national one. I hate it too and as such I try only to talk to the TECH department of Dish as they are still staffed by AMERICANS in the U.S.A. .

The secret when you call Dish is to go to technical service. I have always had outstanding service by going that route. I switched from D to Dish 21/2 years ago because of rotten service from D. Dish has always treated me like a KING with great service and respect.

Customer Service is down wth any companies these days. I have dealt with Dish for almost 3 years and next door neighbor has d* during that same time period. I get locals on mine, he doesn't YET. My reception is much better than his and while I have had some issues with customer service through dish ( especiallly in upgrading to HD)..... I will stay with dish because the good far outweighs the negative. Hope all goes well with your install and don't make a rash decision because it gets worse with D*

Everyone has bad CS these days (not even worth complaining about), heck we had a power outage the other night and I had to talk to an automated computer and the power company just raised their rates. I was with D* for a long time (since1996) and they where fine, If I decide to get cable/satellite again I may try E*. I've had cancelled installs with D* also it just seems to be the nature of the business.

Customer Service is down wth any companies these days. I have dealt with Dish for almost 3 years and next door neighbor has d* during that same time period. I get locals on mine, he doesn't YET. My reception is much better than his and while I have had some issues with customer service through dish ( especiallly in upgrading to HD)..... I will stay with dish because the good far outweighs the negative. Hope all goes well with your install and don't make a rash decision because it gets worse with D*
Here is a series of statements I agree with. I had both until I canceled my D* and the PQ with E* is better (on the same TV) even with a weaker signal. I officially have no provider loyalty anymore as they all have pitfalls. My next couple years will be spent chasing the HD leaders, whoever has it, will get my cash, for now it is E*.

On the topic, if you are a sports fan there is no choice other than DirecTV for obvious reasons. nobody can touch DirecTV in sports. as far as installs E* has company installers and D* on contract installers. both can be good or bad, it is luck of the draw as with any service company.

I have learned to do my own installs. I got me a satellite meter for about $20.00 and a compass and a kit from Radio Shack with all the tools needed to cut and put your own connecters on and I have done mine , my mom and Dad and my friends. I have gotten better and better with time and now have signals in the 100's on both 110/119 and 61.5. I will get a new dish 1000.2 next week and I can't wait to install that baby and try to get 129 again . I am really curious if I can get a good signal in the 90s on the 129 and still keep 61.5 too. I love the idea of a triple lnb with a built in switch for another side sat dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)