Pittsburgh Locals Spotbeam map..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WGFA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
PA
Could someone please post a link to pittsburgh locals spotbeam map? I've searched but have not come up with a map. I think that they are on 101.
I am thinking of going to Direct from dish but I want to see if I am in the spotbeam for Pit locals. I am under Dish.
TIA

Is this what you are looking for? I got it from the SAT MAP tab above. (I see Pittsburgh is misspelled)

Satkml: Directv 9S 101W RB04 Pittsburg

Why is there no Legend on these pages like this.

I would guess that the White, the closest one is the area for Pittsburgh, but what do the rest of the bands represent ?
And why nothing telling you so ?

IIRC, the signals are strong enough for stable reception to about 50 dBw. That would be the pink band.

Hey thanks for the reply's. Lets cut to the chase. If your looking at the map, I am just below the last "A" in Philadelphi"a" @ at the state line. Other than bad weather think I could get a signal??
Thanks

Hey thanks for the reply's. Lets cut to the chase. If your looking at the map, I am just below the last "A" in Philadelphi"a" @ at the state line. Other than bad weather think I could get a signal??
Thanks

I would say NO ....

From what Chip mentioned, I took it to mean the PINK line was pretty much the limit.

Thanks

I would say no, anything east of the pink circle that cuts through eastern Adams County and extreme northeastern York County probably won't work too well. If you click on the circle it is the one that says 50.9 dBw. I'm pretty sure Philly is way too far east. I'm in the middle of York County, between the pink and the yellow and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even get them.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure KDKA and the other Pittsburgh HD locals are on 99W and transponder 17. What's your signal strength for that one? The SD versions are on 101 and transponder 28.

Last edited:
I would say no, anything east of the pink circle that cuts through eastern Adams County and extreme northeastern York County probably won't work too well. If you click on the circle it is the one that says 50.9 dBw. I'm pretty sure Philly is way too far east. I'm in the middle of York County, between the pink and the yellow and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even get them.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure KDKA and the other Pittsburgh HD locals are on 99W and transponder 17. What's your signal strength for that one? The SD versions are on 101 and transponder 28.
Hi again,
I do not have Dtv. I have Dish. I get them on dish from their spotbeam off 129.
I have Pit HD's. I am looking for the HD's on Direct not sd's. I thought 101 had the HD''s on it. Sorry about that.
So they are on 99w? Do you or anyone else have a map for that sat? I bet that sat is more over head then even 101, huh?
Unlike 129 on dish it's so far west that it splashes across the east coast.

Hi again,
I have Pit HD's. I am looking for the HD's on Direct not sd's. I thought 101 had the HD''s on it. Sorry about that.
So they are on 99w? Do you or anyone else have a map for that sat? I bet that sat is more over head then even 101, huh?

I think the map is the map as in it doesn't change from one to the other, particularly seeing the sats are so close together.

Btw, the D* HD for the most part are on the 99 and 103 sats, which is right next to the 101 you mentioned.
The 101 handles the Core programing for D*

Hi again,

I'm not aware of a map for Pittsburgh hd signals.

Hey bbixler, you are right outside of York, where I go every March for the Studebaker swap meet at the fairgrounds! Ever been there? Anyway, what are your signal strengths for the hd and sd signals for Pittsburgh?

I'm not aware of a map for Pittsburgh hd signals.
WOW reallly? No map? Damm..
Well thanks for the replys, I guess ill stick with D**h until they change sats and can no longer get them....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts