Pittsburgh OTA Channel 13

Larrykay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Hi.
Anyone from the Pittsburgh PA. area loosing there signal for OTA Digital channel 13? My signal on some days is %100 and others is %30. Trying to find out if its my equipment or the stations fault.
Thanks

Check out channel 22's OTA signal it's coming in a lot stronger now across the region - Now if they could just bring The Tube back on ... And when will WTAE's digital signal improve?

I have a vip211 and I am also experiencing the same issue on WQED off-air, although I do get 100% signal on WTAE off-air, about 40 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

In the North Hills area of Pittsburgh here and can never get anything on WTAE's digital signal ... also the same problem with QED can happen on KDKA also. I usually get around 95-100% signal strength but often the signal drops well below 50% for a few seconds.

Same here. It works fine if I connect the antenna directly to my TV and use the built in tuner.

I noticed that 13.1 is HD & 13.2 is SD. This is new. I guess the Dish box is having trouble receiving. We probably need a software update to fix this issue.

Same here. It works fine if I connect the antenna directly to my TV and use the built in tuner.

I noticed that 13.1 is HD & 13.2 is SD. This is new. I guess the Dish box is having trouble receiving. We probably need a software update to fix this issue.

My 2 E* 211 receivers always have a tougher time locking into a local antenna signal, then the internal tuner on my 2 Sony Bravias. The Bravia's will consistently lock into a 60% signal, the 211's will not.

I also had the hd-1 and sd-1 after I rescanned the locals after I noticed the problem, I rescanned the locals and now they show up as wqed-h and wqed-s but I am still having the issues with signal dropout, it shows about 30% on the signal meter and will show a picture for about 3 seconds then goes to the yellow signal loss error. I did call dish about the issue and they informed me that the 211 receiver does have a software issue on OTA channels that was listed on thier "known receiver issues" list.

Its been about 2 weeks since i started this thread. I'm still having dropouts on channel 13 digital. Emailed WQED 4 times no answers from them. Now I'm have out of sync Problems on all of my OTA digital stations in the evening. Whats going on here? All my signal strenghs are excellent. Any thoughts would be appreciated.:confused:

I have a vip211, after the new software update I am now receiving WQED perfectly, nothing else changed, no repositioned antenna, cable, ect.. I am also in range to get the Youngstown,OH locals OTA, channel 21, WFMJ would constantly pixilate and drop out, now I am receiving it perfectly after the new software, not sure if dish included something in the new software but my OTA tuner is now working very well.

Channel 13 is Okay after the 3.4.5 software update, but now channel 11 is breaking up.

Anyone else having this issue with the 211?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)