Status
Not open for further replies.

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
My Leafs are 21st. Would have been nice if they ended up with the 1st like in the TSN fantasy draft done a couple of weeks ago. :D

NHL lost me as a fan.. All i can say is Good Luck to the NHL in 2005-2006 with getting the fans back in their arenas.

RIPOFF sports teams, they want FREE stadiums fior millionaire players and millionaire owners to put oin a exhibition of what USED to be a sport.....

pro-96 said:
NHL lost me as a fan.. All i can say is Good Luck to the NHL in 2005-2006 with getting the fans back in their arenas.
Ditto! As much as I will [again] miss my Wings, this time it will be my choice: no live games, no televised games, no souvenirs, no playoffs...nadda!

I admire everyone for taking such a strong stance against the NHL. You are definitely entitled to feel that way. Time will tell if your "intentions" will hold true.

If you ask me, fans of teams in long time winning situations that now have to peel back their talent (Wings, Avs. Devils) have a much different view from fans that have been dealing with teams who have once been great but have since struggled (Hawks & Penguins).

I feel the NHL saved itself and is now poised to slowly build the league into a strong and exciting one that will make all of this seem worth it in the long run. It will take a while for all fans to identify with their new teams, but I think it will be more fun.

I think if you are a true NHL hockey fan, you are doing yourself a disservice by taking such a hard stance.

Chado said:
I think if you are a true NHL hockey fan, you are doing yourself a disservice by taking such a hard stance.
I completely disagree. I think if the NHL were a true fan of hockey and appreciative of the NHL fans, they never would have cancelled an entire season; the NHL did hockey a disservice by taking such a hard stance. I will once again support the NHL, and my team, once they have served their time in the penalty box and have regained my trust. Until then, I will continue to be a hockey fan and enthusiastically support the CCHA! The NHL and its Players will suffer financially in the short term, but hockey will be far better off in the long run IMO.

some teams won't lose a beat with fans
-Canadian teams
-Original 6 teams
-teams like MN (what the hell else can we do in the winter?) :)

The temas that really have to worry are the teams where the NHL explanded too quickly
-Carolina
-Atlanta
-Florida

Will I watch them on TV? Yes
Will I go to a game? probably not...I like the college game better

by the way, TSN in Canada has a great commercial (due to the fact that NHL is their bread and butter in the winter) with the theme to "Welcome Back Kotter" in the background.

korsjs said:
last i heard is they sold 30 million since the lock out ended.

30 million huh?

lets see
30,000,000/41 home games
731,707 per game

hell of an attendance record there :):D

I feel for the fans that have good owners, Det, Dallas, NJ & Col (just to name a few). They lived very well in the old NHL system, accumulating all the good players b/c they could pay the salary and the fans would show up. Now the NHL will be geared to help the really bad owners, like Bill Wirtz (Chi), for example who will be more apt to pay for a team since his team salary can only go so high. The sad part is that Chi fans have never turned their back on the Hawks, so he just never paid for a good team!! Its a bitch when the only way you can see them at home is to go to the UC.

Been to a few lightning games over the last 3-4 years. Out of all the sports in Florida, with the exception of the Dolphins, I was amazed at how good the fan support was and this was a few years before they won the cup.

All I know it is good bye Peter for the AVS ... kind of a bummer for the club, i just hope #23 (hejduk) sticks around, there will be a lot of fast moving transactions as all clubs scramble to get compliant. I think the NHL will rebound from this but they are having a tough time giving away national TV rights at this point and the NEED the exposure to have revenue.

slacker9876 said:
All I know it is good bye Peter for the AVS ... kind of a bummer for the club, i just hope #23 (hejduk) sticks around, there will be a lot of fast moving transactions as all clubs scramble to get compliant. I think the NHL will rebound from this but they are having a tough time giving away national TV rights at this point and the NEED the exposure to have revenue.

I am really hoping the Hawks go after him. Do you know if he is healthy?

Chado said:
I am really hoping the Hawks go after him. Do you know if he is healthy?
Minus a spleen, I doubt he will play in the NHL though so don't hold your breath. If there is a way for an NHL team to sign him, it will be Colorado. He was 10M for 03-04 ...

slacker9876 said:
Minus a spleen, I doubt he will play in the NHL though so don't hold your breath. If there is a way for an NHL team to sign him, it will be Colorado. He was 10M for 03-04 ...

Dammit. Screw the NHL then. Kidding :D

Iceberg said:
30 million huh?

lets see
30,000,000/41 home games
731,707 per game

hell of an attendance record there :):D

sorry, i meant 30 million dollars worth of tickets/sky boxes. that's what they said on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)