Pixelation/blockiness problem

casey13

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I recently switched from Comcast to Dish and am having a pixelation problem on all channels includuing HD. The pixelation/blockiness appears in the background and makes some channels very hard to watch. The local installer after telling me there was nothing he could do ended up replacing the vip622 receiver, peaked the Dish and said signal strength is at 100% and replaced the LNB. The problem is still there and no one seems to know what to do.

My TV is a Toshiba REBZA 42 inch HL167 and I am using an HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV.

When I had Comcast I had pixelation as well but it is now 10 times worse with Dish. Could there be something in the house causing interference?

:welcomeIt could very well be your tv. I see no blockyness on the mpg4 channels and some on the mpg 2 channels, but not enough to complain about. You say that you had it with comcast and that with dish its alot worse, It sounds like your connector may not be getting all the signal from the 622 to the tv or the tv's internal wireing may not be wired right/cheaply on the inside. Do you have another HDTV you could experment with.

Pixelation problem

Yes, I have another HDTV that I swapped out and the pixelation is still there.

To me it sounds like you have a bad connection. between your tv and your dish

Whoa, that covers a lot.

I have the same TV model except that it's a 37'', btw it's REGZA. I don't have any pixelation problems with my 622 and I'm using HDMI.

Have you tried using the component connection? or maybe another HDMI port. Is your receiver in a well ventilated area? These receivers tend to get very hot and they need ventilation.

Pixelation problem

I tried switching the HDMI port with no improvement. I have also tried component cables and that didn't help either. Right now I am trying to watch the PSU-Michigan game on ABC and it is so pixelated that I can hardly watch it.

I know it's a REGZA...it was a typo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)