wmj5 - tell me about your volume level gadget

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
I saw your posts about the great differences in volume and the little box that levels it out.

So... How well does it work? How does it handle Billy Mays KABOOM!!! commercials? Are there adjustments? Do you need to get the input levels to some certain level for it to work well? What's the model number?

I'm waiting with bated breath.

TAP112,

Thanks. I think this must be the gadget.

You say it works great but can you tell me more about how it performs? How much, if any, difference there is between quiet dialog and those really annoying Dish cut-in commercials like ECW or KABOOM! or Orange Glow?

TAP112,

Thanks. I think this must be the gadget.

You say it works great but can you tell me more about how it performs? How much, if any, difference there is between quiet dialog and those really annoying Dish cut-in commercials like ECW or KABOOM! or Orange Glow?
I have used one for a couple of years now, it handles everything very well, equalizes volume on every channel. Connected between satellite analog outputs and a/v receiver inputs. Only drawback is that it is analog only. What I want is a volume leveler that will level dolby digital. I did add a converter between the leveler and the a/v receiver that converts it back to digital. Not quite as good as dolby digita, but the convenience of level sound overcomes the sound separation I lose since I watch a lot of programs that are not dolby digital. There are a lot of sources for this item, originally sold under the Terk brand name.

brownover,

This is just what I wanted and I'll be ordering mine in a few minutes.

If you have the bucks and wait a little while Dolby is fixing the problem themselves but I think it will mean buying a new a/v receiver or TV.

I bet it will be years until it is at Best Buy and then it will only work on one TV at a time so fixing three rooms in my house will never happen with this technology. But you high rollers have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dolby Demonstrates Dolby Volume for Home Audio Systems at IFA
http://investor.dolby.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=262365

Steve, I was very excited when I heard about Dolby Volume a few days ago and very disappointed when I learned that it was to be added to tv's and you cannot buy it as a standalone item. Thanks however for the info. You will be very pleased with the volume leveler.

Steve, I was very excited when I heard about Dolby Volume a few days ago and very disappointed when I learned that it was to be added to tv's and you cannot buy it as a standalone item.

Maybe we should start a grassroots campaign to get Dish to put a Dolby Volume chip in the ViP 944.

Charlie are you listening? It wold be an awesome selling point for taking market share from D*!

Course if he did, it would only work on TV1.;)

As long as it can be turned off.

What is the point of digital sound with all the dynamic range it has to offer if you are just going to squash the bejesus out of it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts