PIXELing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Someone can please explain to me...

I am an installer and I have replaced everything in a customers house and no matter what when it is hot and sunny outside he gets pixelation on some channels from around noon until 8-9pm.....

There is no line of site issue....its on the 3rd floor of an apartment and the balcony....

Explain if you could

Nope like i said we changed the LNB ....changed everything

It could be something in the electrical system, heavy machinery..SW radio xmitter maybe?..try unplugging everything from the electrical outlets that you think maybe on the same circut...Could a grounded switch/coax, if connected to something which makes 'noise' (EMP/electrical) that it could be affecting the signal? Have you tried a new ground? or none (just to test it)? Are they using surge supressors? UPS'? or line conditioners? if not, try that, if so, remove, replace it for it may be faulty.

That's strange but I've noticed a similar thing with my XM radio. On very bright sunny days, reception is somewhat spotty.

is the wood on the deck warping and moving the dish??

i have seen that

I agree with the bad grounding. Could be a possible bad ground or another device creating a feedback loop, etc... that's plugged into the same circuit. Move the receiver onto another circuit and see what happens.

vurbano said:
Its called HDLITE.

vurbano,

what does hdlite have to do with this.it is posted in the sd forum. he mentioned one lnb, im assuming it is a round dish. he does not mention changing a multi-switch, so im guessing a 1 or 2 room system.

just wondering?

sateck01 said:
vurbano,

what does hdlite have to do with this.it is posted in the sd forum. he mentioned one lnb, im assuming it is a round dish. he does not mention changing a multi-switch, so im guessing a 1 or 2 room system.

just wondering?
If theres only one LNB then its not an HDlite problem.

sateck01 said:
vurbano,

just wondering?
He just likes to use that word whenever he can...even when it's irrelevant or plain wrong. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)